Veritas Executive Assistant for SVP EMEA Sales in Reading, United Kingdom
This role of the Executive Assistant is to provide proactive, comprehensive support to the SVP of EMEA Sales (SVP). You will ensure that the SVP’s time is well managed and planned, ensuring their goals and objectives are met. You will also be acting as the first point of contact to the SVP of by taking ownership of requests and communications, and actioning them in a timely and appropriate manner.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
To provide a top level administrative and operational support with a broad range of responsibilities, to include:
• Diary management, whereabouts and meeting coordination for the SVP
• Set up, management and attendance of regular team meetings, conference calls and WebEx conferences including collating and sharing materials
• Actively participate in the planning and organisation of off-site EMEA Leadership Team meetings
• Coordination of global and complex travel/offsite arrangements for the SVP
• Preparing for all business meetings, including all logistics and taking minutes where required
• Preparing reports and presentations, producing high quality PowerPoint presentations
• Collating information and data for SVP to produce various monthly and quarterly reports
• Budget management and expense tracking, expenses management for the SVP
• Raising purchase orders in Oracle, invoice processing and liaising with suppliers
• Delegate approver for SVP in Sales tool
• Assisting with key projects as required
• Maintaining and updating organisation charts
• Coordinate Executive visits into EMEA
• Act as prime liaison with other departments such as IT, Facilities, Travel, wider administrative group, etc to ensure smooth management of the team’s service
• Plan and coordinate internal desk moves in conjunction with Facilities
• Act as Deputy Site coordinator for the Veritas Green Park Site Business Continuity Plan
• Manage the ‘Insite Programme’ budget for Green Park staff events (Christmas, Social gatherings)
• Management and development of the Administrative Assistant, EMEA Sales
• Oversee the EMEA Administrative Community through monthly meetings, and manage their training plan and goal setting
We are looking for an established professional who can demonstrate experience in the following areas:
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Strong Microsoft Office and systems skills
• Flexibility and the ability to work with various managers, client groups and other departments within the organisation
• First class communication skills, both written and verbal
• Highly organized and able to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
• Understand the critical need for confidentiality in work
Skills and Abilities
• Accuracy and attention to detail is essential along with a good level of numeracy and ability to research, extract and manipulate data to produce reports, presentations
• Proven track record of providing administrative support at executive level in a global organisation
• Proven ability to quickly learn systems and tools
• Previous knowledge of working in an IT Sales environment is advantageous but not essential
• Innovative and pro-active; able to review and potentially improve working practices, anticipate team needs and be relied upon to take appropriate action
• Able to and enjoys multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
• Self-disciplined, able to work with minimal supervision, yet should operate as a team-player
• Relationship builder across all levels and areas of the business
• Comfortable working on their own initiative as well as in a team environment
• Have a ‘can do’ and positive attitude approach to all tasks
• Committed to continuous professional and personal development
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .