Microsoft Corporation Senior Business Manager - Enterprise Commercial team in Reading, United Kingdom
The role of the Business Manager is to work closely with the Enterprise Commercial (EC) General Manager (GM) and the Leadership team members to ensure the efficient operation of EC Leadership team rhythm, planning & execution as well as focusing on the EC Culture and helping to make EC UK “the” place to work in the UK subsiduary.
With the GM and the Leadership team, the Business Management function also leads activities in all aspects of strategy development, people governance, compliance, internal communications and WHI initiatives.
This position requires cross-group coordination and the ability to manage high impact work on short deadlines.
• With the GM and Leadership team, be an active participant in driving the evolving culture in EC UK
• Run specific projects and take ownership for pulling together the right team and being clear about the desired outcomes from that team.
• Lead and own the agendas for EC Leadership team rhythm including: EC Leadership Meetings, and EC Leadership Strategy off-sites/team building events
• Drive all aspects of team communications and Workplace Health Index initiatives
• Plan and prepare the EC GM’s content for internal speeches/communications e.g. EC All-Hands, Company All-Hands, LT meetings, Cross-groups presentations
• Plan and coordinate internal Executive Visits
• Be the “Champ” and own completion of EC initiatives such as FastStart, Controls and Compliance activities and People activities before the required deadline
• Provide analysis and recommendations on key EC decisions and track progress against org priorities, decisions, and action plans.
• Manage and lead special projects
• Actively participate in the UK subsidiary Business Manager Community and effectively represent the GM and EC business in all cross-company forums.
• Be the “objective voice of reason” for the GM and Leadership team and enable the individual leaders to consider and drive the bigger picture in addition to individual team priorities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The position requires an individual who understands how to get things done at Microsoft through impact and influence by leveraging your extensive interpersonal and collaboration skills. In addition, you must have experience in strategic planning, execution, building relationships and working with senior leaders at all levels. Strong knowledge and experience working with corporate headquarters, the field teams, and customers/partners is an excellent advantage.
To help drive the culture within EC, the BM should have experience of driving people initiatives to support culture change through the way EC work as well as how people are rewarded and recognised. The BM should have a voice within the EC Management team that provides feedback as well as suggestions on improvements to the Culture.
The Business Manager should have strong analytical/problem solving skills, demonstrated success in driving complex strategies and projects, excellent cross group organizational skills and agility, strong communication skills (verbal and written), proven project management skills and be a motivated self-starter. You should also enjoy working under pressure and within strict deadlines, and be flexible with the ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty.
Business Manager Enterprise CommercialMicrosoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places, they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations.
Joining the Enterprise Commercial (EC) team, you will be part of an organization focused to deliver long term relationships and value to our Enterprise customers, building the momentum of digital transformation for our customers & partners as well as the company itself.
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.mspx Sales