Amazon.com Engineering Maintenance Administrator in Ridgmont, United Kingdom
Come join one of the world’s most customer centric companies, we’re growing our business right across Europe and expanding our teams in our high technology Fulfillment Centers across Europe and currently have the following vacancy at our Milton Keynes based Fulfillment centre.
The Reliability, Maintenance and Engineering Assistant will ensure that Safety comes first in all engineering efforts. This position will be responsible for:
Booking contractors onto site, ensuring all H&S requirements are met.
Completing “mytime” time and attendance software corrections.
Checking engineering items which have been received match to delivery note and putting into stock.
Raising of purchase requisitions for the maintenance team.
Assisting the RMEMP with the EAM PPM systems including housekeeping
This position requires strong and effective communication skills, being self-directed, and the ability to multi-task and deliver results in a dynamic environment.
The following roles and responsibilities are required:
To promote and champion health and safety awareness by Amazon Associates and contractors. Ensure compliance with all Amazon polices and guidelines and ensure appropriate risk assessments and working systems are in place.
To provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is available and to its optimum performance and that all departmental SLA’s and KPI’s are met; react in a timely manner to Trouble Tickets (TT).
Reduce costs through Kaizens and other initiatives.
To liaise with contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate Amazon safety, technical and contractual issues and standards; ensure compliance with the Spending and Transaction Policy.
To ensure adequate resources and equipment are in place to meet operational needs; including purchasing equipment so that spare levels are met and maintained.
In collaboration with planner ensure compliance register is up to date and compliance tasks are planned and scheduled.
Produce weekly reports covering metrics and performance of the site and team.
Indirect management of time and attendance management system.
· Minimum of 5 years’ in an engineering/Administration role.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Good communications skills at all levels. Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal).
· Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
· Excellent customer facing skills / customer focus.
· Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
· Willingness to train and learn new skills.
· Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
· Experience with Kaizen and Continuous Improvement Process.
· Fully conversant with MS office
· NVQ3 in a relevant Engineering discipline.
· Experience of engineering biased components.
· Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems.
· Good depth of engineering knowledge
AMZR Req ID: 559096
External Company URL: www.amazon.com