Esterline Manufacturing Engineer in Stockton on Tees, United Kingdom
Background Aerostructures business unit manufactures sheet metal parts for the aerospace industry, primarily in Nickle based and titanium alloys. The role of Manufacturing Engineer sits within the Engineering department which is split into 2 key areas New Product Introduction and Production support.
Role Summary The role of the Manufacturing engineer is pivotal in the definition and control of processes to meet customer and industry requirements. Responsibilites would include but not limited to resolution of quality and build issues, tooling maintenance, process compliance and development. There is potential for some requirements to travel to support customer and supplier visits. Esterline is currently undergoing a Lean Transformation journey and as such all roles within the business require understanding and involvement in Continous Improvement and cost reduction events.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work with quality and operations to improve performance
- Engineering planning within the ERP system
- Continuous improvement – looking at existing contracts with regard to eliminating waste.
- Approval/creation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Creation of engineering drawings
- Root cause analysis of problems with corrective action
- Creation of tooling specifications and liaison between suppliers & customers
- Responsibility for working to customer defined specifications.
- Tooling Maintenance, repair and replacement
- Travel off site to client or suppliers as and when required
- Liaison with sub-contractors with regard to improvements and problems
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Relevant engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of using Continuous improvement/Lean tools
- Strong analytical problem solving abilities
- Experience of sheet metal work processes would be an advantage
- CAD experience for interpretation of customer data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely as part of a team to tight deadlines and targets
- Ability to plan and prioritise
- Methodical Problem solving
- Lean methodologies
- Engineering Degree in relevant Engineering discipline, min HNC/HND Qualified preferred.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Req ID: 11326BR
Location: Darchem Engineering
State/Province/County: Co Durham
Country: United Kingdom
Position Type: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor