RELX Group Finance - Senior Analyst - RBI - Sutton in Sutton, United Kingdom
Finance - Senior Analyst - RBI - Sutton
Category: Finance & Accounting
Location: Sutton, South East, United Kingdom
Senior Business Analyst – Finance – Sutton
We are currently looking for a talented individual to work in the Reporting & Analysis (R&A) group as a Senior Business Analyst, based within RBI’s finance department in Sutton.
This is an exciting and challenging role, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to oversee a significant part of the management reporting and forecasting processes of RBI. The successful candidate will be expected to continue to drive the development of existing systems to support RBI management in the timely and accurate delivery of insightful reporting and analysis of business performance. The role will report to the Head of R&A and will also work closely with RBI’s finance business partnering and accounting services teams, as well as supporting the RBI CFO and other senior finance management.
The Reed Business Information (RBI) finance department is a team of around 100 people located principally in Sutton, with offices also in East Grinstead, the Netherlands, the US and China. The department is a busy and challenging environment to work in, suiting a candidate who has strong self-motivation, is proactive and has excellent technical and interpersonal skills. The R&A team has seven members and the successful candidate will share responsibility for the day-to-day running of the team with the other Senior Business Analyst. The R&A team sits within the wider Risk & Business Analytics (R&BA, a component of RELX) FP&A team.
Key accountabilities/responsibilities may include:
· Monthly management reporting for RBI, including consolidation and analysis of P&L, balance sheet and performance of the underlying business.
· Reporting and analysis of budgets and reforecasts including revenues, costs, cash, capex; supporting senior finance management through the provision of reports, analysis and insight into RBI global and R&BA numbers and metrics.
· Supporting Business Partners (Decision Support team) with market specific reporting as well as the budgeting and reforecasting process.
· Reporting to RELX of combined R&BA results and forecasts, including sales and functional cost information.
· Work together with Risk FP&A team (sister company within RELX, based in the US) to deliver combined reporting and analysis to both RELX and senior R&BA management
· Working with the Business Intelligence technology team to support and improve our reporting/forecasting systems.
· Driving best practice and standardisation in reporting across finance and the wider business, including being one of the main points of contact for reporting issues and guidance.
· Continually work and drive the team to identify and implement improvements to existing reporting, to provide extra insight into business performance, help meet the information demands of users and make the reporting process more efficient and robust
· Produce presentations and other ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required
· Line management responsibility for Business Analyst and Junior Business Analyst
Key skills/personal attributes required:
· Proven ability to perform self-review with a thorough attention to detail and high level of accuracy in work performed
· Computer literate with strong Excel skills
· Excellent delegation and review skills
· Willingness to challenge the status quo and propose alternative solutions
· Team player
· Ability to demonstrate initiative, implement change and be proactive in measures taken to achieve responsibilities
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to multi-task and prioritise workflow to tight deadlines
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to proactively demonstrate commercial acumen
· Ability to understand interdependencies across multiple datasets
· Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
· Professional accountancy qualification from recognised body preferable
· Some working experience preferable, within a commercial environment, particularly management reporting and business analysis
· Knowledge of Cognos and Hyperion Reporting applications would be a strong advantage
Reed Business Information
At Reed Business Information we provide information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, passion for our products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of RELX, a leading global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- Competitive Salaries
- Group Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)