AECOM Manufacturing Engineer in Swindon, United Kingdom
Business Line Energy
Position Title Manufacturing Engineer
United Kingdom - Wiltshire
As our growth continues we are looking to add experienced Manufacturing Engineers to our team.
The role may be often based on a client site for long periods, for example in the UK/West Midlands, or Germany . We are looking to add permanent members of staff to our team and we are open on your location as long as you’re willing to be predominantly based on our client sites.
AECOM is working with some of the largest and most prestigious automotive and manufacturing clients globally. Our engineers and consultants tackle complex and innovative projects across these sectors.
We need to employ people who are motivated by challenges and are able to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
Day to day duties for the position may involve, but not be limited to;
• Project management and consulting activities.
• Manual and automated manufacturing process proposal and development, utilising knowledge of:-
• product design
• tooling design
• assembly methods
• ergonomic requirements
• formalised analysis tools such as FMEA’s
• Analysing, optimising and planning of resource utilisation, workspace requirements, and workflow, and equipment layout for production line organisation and control methods.
• Coordination of supplier activities such as Factory Acceptance Testing or installations
• Generation of detailed equipment and process specification documentations.
• Supplier proposal evaluation and specifications development.
In order to be successful for this role, you must be able to demonstrate good experience in a similar role as well as having the following attributes;
• Excellent, written and verbal English communication skills to communicate effectively across all levels of staff and management.
• Independent and self-motivated with the ability to effectively organize and deliver to defined deadlines (Quality, Cost & Delivery) across multiple projects.
• Proven experience and high levels of performance
• Initiative, the desire to drive change and motivation to exceed expectations
• Strong leadership skills and ability to manage both vertically and horizontally, delivering projects on time and to cost
• Basic statistical knowledge and the ability to apply statistics to product and process improvement projects
• Work flow, line balancing and takt time utilisation analysis
• Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Excel , PowerPoint, Word, Access, Projects)
• The ability to interrogate part designs and layouts.
You must have experience in manufacturing equipment design and process definition and a degree in, or equivalent knowledge of, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or a similar discipline
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Power
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165237BR