General Electric Manufacturing Operations Leader in Various, United Kingdom
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation at http://www.geaviation.com , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Operations Leader will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
This position will be the Operations Leader for new blade manufacturing currently located at the interim facility in Mitcheldean and will need to:
• Provide total cell / group leadership in the attainment of goals with respect to safety, quality, cost, production and compliance
• Direct process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization
• Lead cell / group to achieving goals in asset utilization, process / manufacturing loss improvement, delivered quality and cost reduction
• Ensure communication of key business / customer issues to employees
• Direct the manufacturing of production and development of hardware
• Responsible for meeting all established cost, quality, and delivery commitments
• Ensure assigned employees are aware/comply with all GE government, customer and applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations
• Pursue state of the art technology and processes to enhance product / process producibility and delivered quality requirements
• Select, hire, train, develop, and provide ongoing leadership and direction of assigned personnel
• Interface with other organizations and vendors to assure requirements are met on time
• Implement the Manufacturing plans as established by the Value Process Engineering Operation, utilizing processes that will assure highest possible quality products at the lowest possible cost, delivered in accordance to schedule commitments
• Develop necessary business plans to enhance all program requirements; including throughput, labour hours, cycle, cost producibility, and image
• Structure assigned organization and staff positions with personnel to accomplish business objectives
• Provide ongoing supervision and counselling for employees, guiding them in current positions and assisting with career development and training
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge & experience
• Proven years of experience in a shop leadership position
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Knowledge of manufacturing policies and regulations established by GE as well as government and other customers
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing
Locations: United Kingdom; Mitcheldean; Gloucestershire, Gloucester
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.