Accenture Banking Business Strategy Consultant in United Kingdom
Title: Banking Business Strategy Consultant Location: United Kingdom Job Number: 00507209
Accenture Banking Strategy Consultant
AccentureStrategy Career Opportunities
Why Accenture Strategy?
Accenture Strategy operates at the intersection of business and technology—working with our clients to solve their toughest issues, realize their most promising opportunities, and deliver real results. With a focus on technology-enabled strategy in an industry-context, our strategy professionals partner with C -level executives to define "what," and then bring the best of Accenture to implement "how." Whether it's business strategy, technology strategy or operations strategy, we drive value, shape new businesses and design operating models for the future—with the goal of helping clients identify and build the capabilities they need to differentiate and win in the market.
Our 8,000 strong team of strategists combine deep business insight and tremendous technology understanding within the context of our client’s industry. There is no one player who can bring all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration that Accenture can. This is what our clients’ current challenges and opportunities demand of us and it is what makes us different to any other strategy firm in the market.
Business Strategy sets the stage for growth, innovation and competitiveness through a practical, integrated approach. Our understanding of the industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, political, technology and social trends means Accenture is at the heart of the big discussions for clients today.
Banking is an industry which has emerged from a period of significant disruption to face more complex regulations, intense competition from traditional and non-traditional sources, and rapid changes in customer preferences. In addition, digital and mobile technologies have changed the way customers spend, invest and monitor money.
Accenture Strategy’s ability to partner with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues at the intersection of business, technology and operations means we already work with over 75 % of the Fortune Global 500 companies. In Business Strategy, we apply deep business strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills to influence client agendas through business insight. We are helping banking clients work to successfully embrace today’s business imperative to use technology to power strategy and win in the current competitive landscape.
Are you eager to use your excellent analytical skills and imagination to solve the business problems of industry leading clients? Can you effectively manage senior client stakeholders? Are you inspired by identifying and unlocking value for organizations through innovative application of key trends and business and technology solutions? If so, then we would like to talk to you about what a career at Accenture Strategy could mean for you.
Your Role: Banking Strategy Consultant
There will never be a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why people love it here. Here is an overview of what you can expect as a consultant within our Strategy practice:
Client Delivery and Development
· Work within a project team as part of strategy engagements addressing our clients’ business challenges, delivering lasting and distinctive outcomes and value in disciplines such as:
o Corporate and Business Strategy
o Mergers & Acquisitions
o Operating Model Strategy and Transformation
o Pricing & Profit Optimization
o Innovation and Growth
· Lead workstreams and/or small teams of 1 to 2 analysts / junior consultants
· Solve complex, ambiguous client business problems, bringing structure and rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques
· Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to senior client stakeholders, typically to C-level clients
· Contribute to business development activities by supporting proposal development
· Support recruitment and training efforts within Banking Strategy
· Contribute to Banking Strategy thought leadership, working closely with Senior Managers and Managing Directors
Basic Qualifications: We’re looking for experience in the followingareas:
· MBA or Advanced Degree, and minimum 2 years of experience in Banking, OR, 3 years’ Strategy experience (mostly in Financial Services) at a recognized strategy consulting firm or strategy division within a larger management consulting organization
· Familiarity with recognized Strategy frameworks and techniques; experience of research, quantitative analysis and structured problem solving
· A good, broad understanding of the Financial Services industry including; banking competitive landscape, products, business models, value chains and operating models
· Knowledge of key global and local banking trends and prevailing investment themes and challenges; understanding of Banking regulatory frameworks, players and objectives
· Willingness to flexibly accommodate client travel and location requirements
Professional Skill Requirements
Experience leadingworkstreams and/or small teams across complex engagements
Intellectual capacity andability to think in new, innovative ways to understand complex issues anddevelop creative solutions
Excellent communication(written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills: Set Yourself Apart
· An appreciation of how technology and digital can contribute to solve clients’ complex business problems
· A robust understanding of Bank financial statements and the drivers of Bank ROE, profit and shareholder returns
· Exposure and/or involvement in proposal development and sales origination
Our Commitment to You
At Accenture, you will enjoy the freedom to innovate and the support to excel. We will expect a lot from you but you will get the same in return:
· Your success in delivering client value and contributing to practice development will be rewarded, fueling opportunities for rapid career advancement
· You’ll make a difference for some impressive clients. Accenture Strategy serves 94 of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects
· Opportunities to learn through training at Accenture’s global Strategy College, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
· Access to leading-edge technology
· Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes a range of market-relevant benefits and programs to help you manage the demands of work and life
Great things can happen—they already are. Come and be a part of the next level of high performance.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com at https://www.accenture.com/ .
Accenture Equal Opportunities Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found