BCD Travel Bid Writer in United Kingdom
Are you an experienced bid writer and do you want to work for a leading global travel management company? Join an established bid management team that prepares winning bids and proposals for multinational and global corporations.
Bid Writer Full time, based in one of our UK or European offices
You'll be managing the proposal development process and writing customised responses to Request for Information/Proposals (RFPs/RFIs) and other related documents to meet client deadlines. Your previous experience with proofing reading and editing will help us improve our accuracy and content. Your attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities and passion for creating proposals that meet global standards will contribute to the success of the commercial teams.
- Be able to write compelling commercial text and executive summaries
- Project manage your assigned RFI, RFP, client requested questionnaires
- Manage and prioritise high volume workloads to meet client deadlines and industry standards
- Lead kick off calls, coordinate bid team members to meet their deadlines and collaborate for responses
- Research and deliver persuasive answers customised to individual client requirements
- Ensure all RFI/RFP's responses are proof read and checked for accuracy
- Contribute to continual improvement of the quality of our content and database, share new information gained
- Contribute with ideas for continuous improvement within the team
- Maintains particular insight into global products and business culture
- Ensures proposal messaging is consistent with key marketing messages
- Works in a team environment consisting of other writers, project managers, and graphic artists
- Provides proposal production support
- Previous experience in proposal writing, editing and proofing
- Demonstrates at least 2 years of bid writing and proposal management in a professional service or travel management company
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Excellent English written and oral, and bonus if you have one or more of the following additional languages; French, German, Dutch or Spanish (needs to be fluent written and oral)
- Excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and InDesign an advantage
- Experience with CRM and other content databases
- Advanced formatting and document layout skills
- Ability to listen and translate sales strategies into a compelling written message
- Accurate, excellent organisation and communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to work with diverse, cross-functional international teams
- Capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, marketing or business management preferred
What we offer you This is an exciting opportunity to join an established bid management team that prepares winning bids and proposals for multinational and global corporations. Travel industry experience is preferred but not essential so if you are keen to add a new industry sector to your CV this could be the chance you have been waiting for. Ideally you'll have two years previous bid writing experience and have a second language and eager to work as part of a global team.
Your work location You'll be joining a global team across Europe, Asia and America. You'll be based in one of our UK or European locations in; the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium or Spain.
How to apply Is this your next career move? Create a profile and upload your CV and cover letter in English telling us why you'd like the job and what benefits you can bring via our website. If you have any questions regarding this job please contact Suzanne Miechels, Recruiter EMEA, at +31-(0)20 562 1799 or at jobsEMEA@bcdtravel.nl. Please send your application via the website, not by e-mail thank you. No agencies thanks.
Get to know us BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travellers, this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel programme. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 108 countries with almost 13,000 creative, committed and experienced people. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled