Curtiss-Wright Corporation Hardware Engineer in United Kingdom
To work as part of the PCOTS product development team designing, developing and qualifying new mission systems from CW COTS boards and 3rd party boards as necessary to meet customer requirements. This will also require development of our won boards as and when required, we specialize in (VME, PCI, PMC and other) for a range of video, graphics and radar processing applications. The successful candidate will combine skills in analogue and high-speed digital electronics, ideally in connection with signal, video or image processing markets. Our products are low volume and specialized and ownership of a product from requirements through to manufacture is a key part of the role.
- Convert new product requirements into hardware designs
- Ability to interpret requirements and develop high-quality products on time
- Ability to write good quality project documentation
- Ability to work as part of team with hardware, software and system engineers
- Adaptive and open-minded to new skills and approaches
- Able to work on own initiative as part of a small project team.
- Problem-solving abilities to address complex hardware/software interactions
- Provide continuous technical support to production
- Review hardware projects
- Develop analogue and digital circuit designs
- Develop FPGA code (optional)
- Develop new products and help support existing product base
Follow products life cycle through from design to release
Knowledge of high speed serial interconnect busses
- Knowledge of VME or PCI board design
- Technically aware and keen to learn new skills
- Ability to see it, own it, do it.
- Able to work both as part of team and alone
- Excellent organisation skills, Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
Good written and oral communication skills
Degree in engineering-based subject
- Experience with mixed analogue/digital board development.
- Experience with FPGA development (Altera or Xilinx) a bonus
- Experience with video, graphics or image processing
- Experience with Mentor design tools for schematic capture
- Experience in VHDL Verification (prefer ModelSim)
- Experience in MilStd and DO160 Environmental testing and qualification procedures
- Experience of Design for Test in low volume contract manufacturing (e.g. JTAG testing)
- Experience of high-speed digital signal integrity techniques (1Gbit/sec +)
Experience with Avionics quality procedures
Must be able to obtain SC Clearance
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled