Cummins Inc. Senior Credit Analyst in Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Senior Credit Analyst
Senior Credit Analyst
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our Distribution Business Unit in Europe consists of a distributor and dealer support network. They deliver reliable sales and service of durable and high performing engine, generator set and aftermarket products to our regionally based (global) partners. Working in a diverse, multi-cultural and innovative space, you’ll interact directly with our customers, build relationships and develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set. Our integrated business demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Credit Analyst
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- _ Responsible for credit management and the preparation of credit reporting, planning, and forecasting for an entity or region within a business unit.
- _ Prepares entity or region credit reporting, planning, and forecasting.
- _ Analyzes credit exposures of an entity or region of a business unit.
Understands trade finance and credit management to support the business.
- _ Performs credit-worthiness reviews on new and existing accounts at the entity or region level in line with Corporate Policy, ensuring minimal risk to the business.
- _ Supports the standardization of processes where possible within applicable entities across the business unit.
- _ Develops and produces global reports to monitor Accounts Receivable performance against approved business unit credit limits.
- _ Prepares metrics analysis and consolidated credit reporting for the entity or region, as well as ad hoc credit analysis and reports to the business unit.
- _ Partners with sales/commercial function on key business growth needs by providing credit/financial support.
- _ Encourages cross business unit communication on credit issues involving common customers within the region to develop risk mitigation strategies.
- _ Coordinates effectively with transactional shared services provider (CBS) in terms of Accounts Receivables.
- _ Supports the implementation of Corporate Credit Policies and audit compliance against them.
- _ Leads special projects to improve AR credit systems, reporting and processes.
Skills and Experience Required:
Experience in credit risk management either within a global organisation or FMCG environment
Track record of high volume data analysis; ability to evaluate financial information quickly and efficiently.
Working knowledge of credit risk assessments and grading models
Be able to display excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Have strong interpersonal skills in order to build affective relationship with customers and colleagues.
Able to work autonomously, yet effectively contribute as part of a team.
Proactive approach and ability to resolve issues in a quick and efficient manner.
Excellent attention to detail, accurate and precise.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related subject required. Progress toward financial certification is preferred.
Fluent in English. Proficiency in German and/or Flemish desired, not essential.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary between £36,000-£44,500 (dependent on experience)
Plus a wide range of competitive benefits including:
Cummins Contributory Pension Scheme
8% variable annual bonus
Cycle to work scheme
Flexible working hours
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Northamptonshire-UK, Wellingborough, CUK Cummins Diesel OP10
Job Type Experienced - Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional - Experienced
Job Posting Aug 16, 2017, 7:41:46 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 170003XY