Ericsson Solution Architect Infrastructure in White City, United Kingdom
Infrastructure Solution Architect
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Ericsson Broadcast and Media Services
Business Line Broadcast and Media Services (EBMS) is an organization within Business Unit Global Services, which has more than 2500 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain and Australia.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere. This we do through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
You will be reporting to the Infrastructure Design and Integration Manager within the
You will be responsible for gathering Infrastructure requirements, working with subject matter experts to translate them into effective solution designs and ensuring that the solution implemented meets the defined requirements.
Main Responsibilities and tasks
The role has responsibility for building relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders to gather requirements for new projects and services within the Infrastructure domain. Once requirements are understood the Infrastructure Design and Integration team are responsible for working with appropriate Subject Matter Experts to translate the requirements into a high level Infrastructure design and associated Bill of Materials that is aligned to business wide best practice.
- Ensure end to end completeness of Infrastructure Technical Design, including NFRs validated and realized.
- Ensure adherence to standards and influence solutions towards the Infrastructure future state model.
- Keeping up to date with business road maps, technology road maps and feeding wider business requirements into central infrastructure and engineering teams.
- Analysis of service related trends and recommendation of technology change or improvements that better fit business needs.
- Working with implementation teams to ensure that delivered solutions match customer requirements
- Any other tasks to ensure successful delivery towards the end customer
- Contribution to Infrastructure Service Catalogue
- The ideal candidate will come from a technical background with a strong background in Infrastructure Architecture across a broad range of technologies including but not limited to the following.
- Datacentre, Server and network infrastructure
- Virtualisation technologies; VMware, Docker, Hyper-V
- Enterprise Storage Solutions (SAN, NAS, File store, Object Based).
- Knowledge of Enterprise Infrastructure (Windows & Linux, Network & Firewall, IPS/IDS, Public Key Infrastructure, File transfer Protocols, Active Directory & Web Farms)
- Experience of Data Centre migrations, technology re-platforming, technology upgrade projects
- Has experience in security, performance tuning, capacity planning, resilience and availability across heterogeneous architectures.
- Experience of having worked as part of a matrix-managed delivery team, ideally as a project / product technical lead, solution manager, or equivalent.
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills, with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Has commercial insight to ensure that their decision-making has good business outcomes
- Customer focused and comfortable with dealing with executive level managers
- The ability to evaluate and solve problems creatively and laterally when needed, using appropriate evidence and data over instinct wherever possible to inform project decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail and a unfaltering desire to deliver exceptional service
- Culturally fluent and able to engage people from a range of backgrounds and cultures
- Able to juggle multiple tasks with deftness and attention to deadlines.
- Highly comfortable with web, IT, and new media and broadcast technologies
- Strong empathy with the needs of users, stakeholders and colleagues.
- Able and willing to challenge the status quo, and to empower others they work with to challenge their own assumptions.
- A positive and resilient character. There are many competing stakeholder interests, so tenacity is required to ensure that an appropriate balance of stakeholder needs is achieved.
- Experience in TOGAF, Agile and waterfall are all advantages with a minimum of five years’ experience in relevant consultancy and/or architecture roles.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || No Selection || White City || IT
Req ID: 212775