Ericsson Solution Architect Non - Linear in White City, United Kingdom
Ericsson Broadcast and Media Services
Business Line Broadcast and Media Services (EBMS) is an organization within Business Unit Global Services, which has more than 2500 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain and Australia. We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere. This we do through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+ , and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
This role will be reporting to the Solutions Delivery Manager within the Global Solutions team. The Key focus is solutions and project delivery within the UK, however some travel and work at other hubs may be required. The Solutions Architect role is customer facing and has involvement in the whole project lifecycle from initial client request through high level design and proposal, into detailed design and implementation. This role is the main point of technical authority in project delivery, working closely with Project Management, Operations and Account Management, as well as with relevant Practices within EBMS.
Responsible for analyzing, designing & developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. Responsible for profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering and solutions.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Ensure that requirements are successfully researched, implemented and efficiently managed as requested, including the establishment of strong senior stakeholder relationships
- Provide solutions for strategic, scalable technologies where possible
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Ensure that technical projects are delivered on time and within budget. Assist project managers with the business cases and ensure all projects are integrated across the business to meet EBMS strategic goals
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Lead deployment of solution
- Liaise with external and internal system integrators, all vendors involved in project, internal project resources, subject matter experts and all stakeholders
- An understanding of the technology life cycle, of the dependencies between operational requirements, projects and other business drivers and the positive impact that technology deployment can make.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to adapt to different types of audience
- Consultative selling ability
- Problem solving ability
- Creative thinking
- Comfortable with responsibility for making decisions
- Presentation and communication skills
- Team work and collaboration skills
- Resilient to working under pressure
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence and drive audiences and projects
- Creating and innovating
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Persuading and influencing
- Applying expertise and technology
- Analytical approach
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Project and task ownership
- Market insight
- Commercial acumen
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Extensive experience in Broadcast Engineering, of at least five years at a senior level
- Experience with multiple DRM systems and platforms including repackaging
- Knowledge of File Delivery, transcoding VOD workflows.
Experience of API integration to multiple systems
- Experience from technical roles focusing on integration is a required experience for this role, e.g. experience from work as integration or technical project engineer
- Ability to prioritise workloads and tasks to ensure successful delivery of technology solutions within budget and timescale constraints.
- Demonstrable experience in the elicitation & specification of architectural and non-functional requirements
- Ability to take a complex technical need or solution and explain it to a non-technical audience so that the impact on the business is easily understood.
- Good familiarity with the disciplines of enterprise software development such as configuration & release management, source code & version controls, and operational considerations such as monitoring and reporting
- Track record of successful project delivery, ideally in a Technical Leader role
Desirable Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Understanding of emerging IP standards
- Experience integrating, deploying and managing media applications in cloud and virtualized environments
- Core understanding of web technologies HTML5, CSS3, PHP
- Practical experience of XML/XSLT, Bash/Perl/Python scripting, MySQL, Linux
- Experience with MAM systems, Tedial, SAM Momentum, Ardendo
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications:
- Role is UK office based in London with travel to client sites as required, and home working where appropriate.
- Occasional and infrequent overseas travel to other EBMS hubs may be required.
- Ability to work within a team spread across different locations
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || No Selection || White City || IT
Req ID: 212780