Caterpillar, Inc. Project Manager 6 Sigma Black Belt in Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Project Manager 6 Sigma Black Belt
Job Title: Project Manager – 6 Sigma Black Belt
Salary Range : £45,000 - £55,000 (Depending on Experience)
Benefits: 12-18% bonus (Depending on Experience)
£6090 Car Allowance (Depending on Experience)
Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution up to 10%
, Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will matched 50% of the employee's contribution
Sponsorship: Not Supported with this role
Relocation Support: May be considered
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Flexible working maybe consider\
In addition to a very competitive benefits package we also offer the following to our employee's
- Annual merit salary increase based on individual performance
- Opportunity to request sponsorship for professional membership
- Continuous learning and development
- Long term worldwide career opportunities with an evolving and dynamic organisation.
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has beenbuilding the world’s infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat®dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on everycontinent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide toserve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary ofCaterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial dieselengines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations,trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager working in the Engineering area of the Peterborough business across a variety of key Projects. As a 6 Sigma Black Belt at Caterpillar, you will have significant impact on Caterpillar’s success whilst making Caterpillar a safe place to work, improving the company’s ability to meet customer demands, improve quality, reduce cycle times and increase profits. Your Project Management skills will provide you the opportunity to have significant impact on the success of individual projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
Leading significantly complex projects to improve critical business processes that drive financial results including developing project plans and business cases.
Recruiting, training and leading project team members.
Identifying opportunities, defining and financially justifying projects, launching project teams, using good project management to manage team activities, leading teams to execute projects, tracking project status and results, removing and elevating project barriers, and developing team members.
Integrating issues with other projects/processes and coordinating the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals, other business activities and business strategy.
Managing the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which the project goals, objectives and metrics are being met.
Communicating progress of projects with appropriate leadership and teams.
Managing risk and ambiguity on a project while driving results through change.
- 6 Sigma Black belt qualified or willing to complete Black belt training.
- Previous Project Management experience , will be able to demonstrate PM and Team Leadership skills.
- Good PC Skills with previous Microsoft Office experience , will be able to use Excel to intermediate standard.
- Knowledge of Business Processes and systems.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Statistical analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Good overall knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.
- Applicants will ideally hold a Graduate Degree.
- Prior supervisory experience is desirable but not essential.
- Should have knowledge of other functions that provide PM inputs: Product Development, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Finance, HR and Operations.
Job Additional Functional Areas
Primary Location United Kingdom-Cambridgeshire-Peterborough
Unposting Date: May 1, 2018, 5:59:00 PM
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Req ID: 180003SS