American Express Engineering Director - Mobile Feature Delivery in Greater London, United Kingdom
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
- Responsible for the people management of 2 – 4 engineering teams, each with up to 13 team members and are typically co-located with the teams for which they are responsible.
- Drive innovation and manage product development teams within a fast-paced agile environment
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Recruit technology professionals with business and industry experience, and develop, reward and energize a competent, effective team within the technology organization.
- Manage and/or lead software development teams, obtaining necessary resources, acting as an escalation point and removing impediments to achieve goals and objectives
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps
- Collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product roadmaps
- Coach, guide and promote creation of high quality, clearly documented, and compliant deliverables across engineering teams.
- Enable integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product managers, technical project managers, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
- Collaborate within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience managing software engineering teams designing and building software products in a fast-paced, complex and dynamic software development environment
- Extensive hands-on experience building and managing the development of complex, large scale applications and products that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies
- Experience attracting, hiring retaining and leading top engineering talent
- Prior experience building out consumer-facing platforms for the web with high performance and high scalability
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development methodologies is required
- University Degree in computer science, or engineering-related field required
- Experience in mobile iOS and Android app development
- Proficiency in Java programming
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Title: Engineering Director - Mobile Feature Delivery
Location: GBR-Greater London-London
Requisition ID: 18005200