American Express Manager/Senior Manager, Commercial Financing International in Greater London, United Kingdom
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Global Commercial Financing (GCF) operates as a FinTech within the broader commercial business, offering a suite of innovative, non-card lending solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. GCF is a major strategic investment for the Blue Box and is expected to accelerate growth. GCF products in the US include Business Loans, Marchant Financing, Working Capital Terms and Early Pay.
We have an opportunity for a seasoned project/product manager to drive the expansion of our GCF products outside the US, through both internal product builds and external partnerships. This individual will play a key role in the strategic planning, development and on-going management of GCF products and platforms outside of the US.
- Roll out our Supply Chain Finance product (Early Pay) as a pilot in international markets. This would include working with sales teams to finding pilot customers, working with partners to take the product through the new product approval process, leveraging US product build and features to launch the product in the UK market
- Expand Business Loans and Merchant Financing into international markets, commencing with the UK
- Investigate different methods for GCF product delivery in international markets including fintech partnerships, and overseeing the signing and delivery of these partnerships
- Developing the roadmap for the commercial (non-card) lending platform in international markets
- Continuously assess competitor offerings in market place and develop plans to differentiate product offering
- Define design target for GCF products in international to ensure a strong value proposition
- Work closely with operations to ensure flawless execution payment, fulfillment and risk actions in international markets
- Present GCF products to American Express’ various business units in international markets and become the champion of the products internally
- Speak directly with clients to collect feedback the products as they evolve
- Some travel required (10%)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of commercial financing solutions and competitive landscape
- B2B/lending experience, with product/project management expertise and experience taking a product from concept to launch
- Experienced people leader and change agent who can inspire the team and influence senior leadership
- Good understanding of lending product and SCF decision making triggers and experience of creating strategies to respond to them
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship management, and conflict resolution skills; with a proven track record of gaining buy-in for product strategies
- Pragmatic, direct approach and a track record of solving problems and implementing solutions in a highly matrixed business environment
- Strong customer focus; the ability to view issues from a customer lens
- Strategic thinker and self-starter with strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, excel in a complex fast paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands while maintaining high standards of personal excellence/integrity
- Proven ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and develop recommendations to influence senior leadership
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and proven ability to communicate effectively to audiences with varied backgrounds.
- Knowledge of global payments platforms
Why American Express? Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Title: Manager/Senior Manager, Commercial Financing International
Location: GBR-Greater London-London
Requisition ID: 18005384