Invesco Corp&Cmercial Asset Mgt Lawyer in Henley, United Kingdom
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917.5B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries. (*As of September 30, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary): To provide legal support to Invesco UK Ltd, its subsidiaries and key stakeholders on corporate and commercial matters.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts relating to Invesco’s UK retail asset management and corporate activities including data sharing...
- ...agreements, outsourcing agreements, procurement contracts, cloud and other technology vendor agreements, marketing contracts
- Advising on legal issues such as data protection; information security; and general contract law
- Working effectively with lawyers and stakeholders in other regions to advise on legal aspects of global or EMEA wide initiatives
- Assist senior legal counsel in the team devise and implement process for reviewing low value contracts and a more efficient document execution process
- Co-ordinate and document legal policies and processes, including litigation management; indemnity and liability; document retention; information...
- ...sharing; and procurement
- Design and maintain precedent bank of legal documents and accompanying negotiation guides to help legal team enforce conformity and minimum...
- ...standards in contract negotiations
- Design and implement a know-how database to ensure that knowledge and expertise is shared and retained within the team, particularly in relation to...
- ...external legal advice
- Managing external counsel on matters such as HR, property, disputes, M&A;, intra-group financing arrangements
- Support Head of Legal on other matters as and when required, in particular in relation to impact of forthcoming regulatory changes such as GDPR...
- ...and Senior Managers and Certification Regime
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Trained with a top tier private practice law firm or in-house
- Proven experience of working under pressure
- Proven experience of working with a broad and demanding client base and ability to prioritise and manage expectations accordingly
- A good knowledge of contract law and commercial experience is required as well as a motivated and proactive approach to addressing legal issues
- A keen interest in asset management and Invesco’s business
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, credible and persuasive
- Optimistic, positive attitude; a solutions focused approach
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and be flexible to changing priorities and demonstrate good organisational skills
- Ability to quickly grasp and solve complex problems
- Ability to deal with and manage change in a fluid environment
- Keen willingness to learn, and an eye for detail
- A strong team player
- Unquestionable integrity
License/Registration/Certification:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- UK qualified solicitor
FCA Training and Competence (UK Only):
Approved Person? No
Covered by FCA Training and Competence? No
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East and Africa-United Kingdom-Oxfordshire-Henley -on- Thames-Perpetual Park
Req ID: 21049