Mattel Receptionist in Kingdom, United Kingdom
HIT Entertainment (a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc.) is one of the world's leading pre-school entertainment companies with a world-class portfolio that includes Thomas & Friends®, Mike the Knight™, Fireman Sam®, Bob the Builder, Barney®, Angelina Ballerina®, Pingu® and Rainbow Magic®. Through exceptional storytelling we excel at creating and building globally successful brands which capture the hearts and imaginations of pre-schoolers and their families.
Our culture is driven by performance and a passion for creating and delivering engaging and inspiring children's entertainment across television and home entertainment production, content distribution, digital media, publishing, consumer products and live events and attractions. We employ creative and energetic individuals who DARE to be innovative, andTHRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. HIT is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. We promote a culture ofBALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEAD by example in all that they do!
The Receptionist is responsible for providing full front of house services to the HIT UK office, ensuring that the main Reception and visitor areas run efficiently and smoothly.
The successful incumbent will also work closely with the Supervisor, Facilities, providing support with wider office management/facilities duties as needed.
Furthermore, this role will also have responsibility for providing occasional administrative/organisational support to the wider HR Department, as and when needed.
- Full management of the Reception and Post Room areas
- Ensuring a friendly, presentable and well organised front of office profile is maintained at all times, with Reception being the office is the first point of contact
- Managing the switchboard, facilitating all internal and external calls efficiently
- Responsible for the post, co-ordinating daily couriers/special deliveries etc. throughout the day
- Meeting and greeting visitors/contractors
- Posting daily meeting room organisers directly for each meeting room and updating sheets where needed.
- Managing and organising meeting room bookings where needed, through Microsoft Outlook
- Managing the Stationery Account for the office, negotiating competitive rates and savings for the business where possible
- Requesting/ordering stationery and office supplies for the business
- Making bookings for staff taxis, staff lunches, general refreshments, ad hoc restaurant bookings
- Providing administration and general support to the HR and Facilities Department
- Ordering business cards for staff members
- Coordination of HIT’s Holiday reporting to ensure all monthly schedules are stored in the correct folder
Experience, Education & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, approachable and welcoming
- Excellent phone manner
- Highly organised, with the ability to multitask effectively
- Good Computer skills, with knowledge of MS Office packages
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to function autonomously, managing self and own workload daily, working with minimal supervision and under own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail
- To be a flexible member of the team.
- Previous relevant experience in a Reception role within a Corporate environment
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent (Maths and English, Grades A* - C)
ABOUT US Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever produced, Hot Wheels®, Monster High®, American Girl®, Thomas & Friends® and Fisher-Price® brands, including Little People® and Power Wheels®, as well as a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2013, Mattel was named as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by Ethisphere Magazine. Mattel also is ranked No. 2 on Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs nearly 40,000 people in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are Creating the Future of Play! Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/mattel or www.twitter.com/mattel
Posting Title: Receptionist
Requisition Number: 180798
Location: United Kingdom
Zip Code: W1T 7NF
Job Category: Facilities