Aon Corporation Aged Ledger Account Handler in Leicester, United Kingdom
Aged Ledger Account Handler - 6 month Fixed term contract
Aon are currently recruiting for an Aged Ledger Account Handler to join our team in Leicester. The Aged Ledger Account Handler will be primarily responsible for reducing the size of the open ledger within a given age parameter encompassing aged exposure , held funds, uncorrelated cash or balanced invoices.
About Aon Benfield
Aon Benfield, a division of Aon plc, is the world’s leading reinsurance intermediary and full-service capital advisor. We empower our clients to better understand, manage and transfer risk through innovative solutions and personalised access to all forms of global reinsurance capital across treaty, facultative and capital markets. As a trusted advocate, we deliver local reach to the world’s markets, an unparalleled investment in innovative analytics, including catastrophe management, actuarial and rating agency advisory. Through our professionals’ expertise and experience, we advise clients in making optimal capital choices that will empower results and improve operational effectiveness for their business. With more than 80 offices in 50 countries, our worldwide client base has access to the broadest portfolio of integrated capital solutions and services. To learn how Aon Benfield helps empower results, please visit www.aonbenfield.com.
About the Role
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
As a Aged Ledger Account Handler some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Specific responsibility for clearance of a range of cases covering the following aspects of the ledger
- Receivables, comprising of funding and uncollected brokerage
- Disbursement of held funds viewed either on a case by case basis or on a principle to principle basis using the net position of the relationship(s)
- Reconciliation of uncorrelated cash items including resolution of technical issues in conjunction with the processing team or external Company where appropriate
- Removal of “balanced” items in conjunction with Aon Group policy instruction
- Identification of bad debt exposure and creation of recommendation documentation
- Clearance of items with adherence to credit write back policy and procedures
- Potential adhoc projects relating to specific Client or Market requests
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Aged Ledger Account Handler your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience in Reinsurance IBA accounting activity covering all classes of business
- Experience in Aon/Benfield IBA accounting and technical processing systems is essential, particularly Atlas, IBIS and GRiDS. Additional understanding of legacy systems e.g. BAS, JFS and LGS
- Analytical expertise linked to proactive and innovative resolution of deep routed issues within the ledgers be that Client or Market
- Ability to review or set bad debt provision, including understanding of why provision is or is not in place, capability to articulate and undertake all necessary steps to minimise bad debt provisions
- An understanding of a technical file enabling errors to be identified and solutions to be developed
- Word / Excel
- Lotus Notes/Outlook
- High standard of communication, both written and verbal
- Problem solving
- Demonstrate personal commitment
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Be self-motivated
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Job number: 2444142
Location: United Kingdom, Leicester