Caterpillar, Inc. Accountant (Treasury) (Qualified or Part Qualified) in Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Accountant (Treasury) (Qualified or Part Qualified)
Job Title: Accountant (Treasury) (Qualified or Part Qualified)
Salary: £29,000 - £33,000 dependant on experience and qualifications
Benefits: 27 days annual leave, 10% Bonus, Study Support, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Childcare Vouchers and Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%)
Location: Desford, Leicestershire
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 hours, but Part Time - 4 days may be considered
Travel: Not required with this role
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not offered with this role
Closing Date: Friday 27 April
Job Reference: 180003RT
Caterpillar makes progress possible around the world — for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. As a single company with hundreds of global locations serving industries as varied as transportation, marine and forestry, we are in a unique position to offer endless opportunities and worthwhile rewards for our employees.
The Business Resources team provides accounting, strategic services and decision support to help the company achieve its goals. The team offers high-quality data, external benchmarks and a business perspective and insight that leads our customers to solutions. Our vision is to consistently outperform our competition, while living by Our Values in Action.
By joining Caterpillar, you'll discover that working for a global leader creates endless career opportunities for you.
At Caterpillar (UK) Ltd, Leicester we have a permanent vacancy within the Financial Accounting Department for an Treasury Accountant. This role will include month end closing duties, balance sheet reconciliations, monthly cash forecasting and monthly VAT return completion.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Processing of various month end journals as part of the closing process, including bank receipts and payments, intercompany netting and loan account adjustments.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts responsible for.
- Confirm daily cash requirements to European Treasury.
- Complete monthly VAT return and import VAT reconciliation.
- Complete 12 month rolling cash forecast each month for 4 currencies.
- Input Accounts Payable payment runs and manual payments on banking software.
- Review and schedule manual payment requests, ensuring all supporting documentation attached.
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance on controls responsible for and VAT practices compliance where applicable.
- Perform annual tax analysis of expenses.
- General assistance within the financial reporting department.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Part qualified and working towards relevant accounting qualification ACA, ACCA or CIMA (study support towards your professional accounting certification will be offered).
- Microsoft Excel skills are essential (basic formulas, pivot tables, lookups).
- Experience of double entry book keeping and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Highly motivated and capable of working on own initiative.
- Good problem-solving skills and a high level of numeracy.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and able to analyse information.
- Ability to work in a team based environment.
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Qualified in either ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
To apply for this position please visit Log onto Caterpillar Careers ( http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers ) >Careers >Search and apply >Experienced Professionals >paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.
Primary Location United Kingdom-Leicestershire-Desford
Unposting Date: Apr 27, 2018, 5:59:00 PM
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Req ID: 180003RT