BT Account Manager in London, United Kingdom
Why this role matters
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
The messaging team within Advertising and Media are responsible for the sale of over a billion text messages per year, generating tens of millions of pounds in revenue and margins for BT whilst embracing the power of communication to really make a difference for our customers. We service high profile channels such as the NHS, alongside large wholesale partners and significant BT corporate customers from our Global Services and Business, Major and Public Sector colleagues. With strong growth throughout 2017/18 we are increasing the size of the team; the Account Manager for Value Added Services will play a vital role in our continued growth and success.
What you'll be doing
The Account Manager for Value Added Services will predominantly be responsible for the retention and growth of our Smart Messaging customers. Implementing clear retention and growth plans, alongside a strong sales pipeline, will be a key factor to success in this role. You’ll be:
• Acting as an ambassador for Smart Messaging and other products in our portfolio, both in the external market and with internal stakeholders, demonstrating best in class sales behaviour when managing the relationship with our customers.
• Working closely with BT’s Global Services and Business, Major and Public Sector teams in the retention and growth of their accounts.
• Building a sales strategy for each account with a view to delivering clear growth in their uptake of value added services.
• Working with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction and quickly and effectively address customer pain points.
• Holding a pipeline of sales opportunities alongside a resign strategy to make sure all contracts are proactively renewed in a timely manner.
• Supporting the Smart Messaging and Bulk Messaging Account Directors in their day to day sales activities and ad-hoc bid work when required.
• Maintaining a high awareness and knowledge of the messaging marketplace and following industry trends or technical developments that may impact on the BT Smart Messaging and A2P offering.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Minimum five years’ experience in Account Management roles, preferably in a telecoms environment
• Previous experience in pipeline management and growth
• Experience in engaging customers across Public Sector and Private Sector accounts
• Experience in dealing with stakeholders at all levels from technical teams to CXO
• Track record of meeting and exceeding revenue and margin targets
• Strong commercial awareness
• Previous experience in Enterprise and/or Wholesale A2P Messaging would be advantageous
Why choose us?
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
• Competitive salary and on-target bonus plan
• World-class training and development opportunities
• 25 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
• Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
• Car allowance (dependent on your role)
• Share option and pension scheme programmes
• Automatic enrolment into our ‘Sales as Profession’ community
• Flexible benefits to fit around you
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We’re working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there’s any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Job: Sales and Client Management
Title: Account Manager
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 88204