Alvarez and Marsal Associate, Transfer Pricing in London, United Kingdom
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M;) has set the standard for working with organisations to solve complex problems, boost performance and maximise value for stakeholders for three decades. A&M; has over 3,000 professionals globally who specialise in delivering turnaround & interim management, performance improvement and consulting services to a range of investors, law firms, corporate clients and private equity firms across the world.
A&M; Taxand UK occupies an enviable position as the UK member of Taxand, giving credibility and scale overseas. Taxand is the world’s largest independent tax organisation with more than 400 tax partners and over 2,000 tax advisors in 50 countries. Taxand delivers top quality advice to the world’s largest and most complex businesses.
The Managing Directors (Partners) in the UK have a reputation for technical excellence in their specialisms and have long experience in building successful teams. They are known as thought leaders, entrepreneurial thinkers and subject matter experts; their calibre has been proven as they built their previous careers in the Big4 and industry.
A&M; Taxand UK has ambition to build on the successes of the first 10 years of its existence, and is looking to grow its team and subject matter expertise. It is hiring across all levels and specialisms within tax.
The small but capable transfer pricing team works closely with the international tax team, drawing resource where required, to deliver a broad spectrum of TP work. There is some documentation work and due diligence support, but most of the effort is spent in planning, structuring or defense work, for example, determining what charges should be in place, IP migration, debt pricing or dealing with HMRC. The team currently has four MAP claims and an APA in progress. Clients range from FTSE100 multinationals to smaller private equity owned groups.
A&M; Taxand UK is seeking to recruit an Associate (comparable to a recently qualified Assistant Manager at a Big4 practice) into the transfer pricing team to support in the delivery of work to its rapidly expanding multinational client base.
- Undertake technical research
- Understand key sources of data
- Assist with the preparation of transfer pricing documentation
- Participate and write up of functional interviews in a wide range of industries
- Ability to perform benchmarking searches
- Undertake modelling in a variety of contexts
- Assist with the preparation of applications and negotiations for APAs, ATCAs and MAPs
- Liaise directly with clients to obtain information and deliver a high-quality project on time and on budget
- Assist with business development and marketing initiatives i.e. assistance with the preparation of scope, budgets and meetings
- Liaise with Taxand across the globe and coordinate international advice on client issues
*Qualifications and competencies:*
- ICAEW or ICAS qualified (or equivalent professional qualification)
- Transfer pricing experience
- Knowledge of managing projects, including scheduling, budgeting, client communication
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to develop strong internal and external relationships and to manage a range of stakeholders
- Willingness to help train more junior members of the team
The ideal candidate will be:
- energised by variety, enjoying delivering value as both an operator and an advisor
- a confident and engaging communicator
- flexible and client focused
- motivated by working in a dynamic team and thrive on challenge
*What A&M; Taxand UK offers:*
- Strong leadership and high-quality colleagues to work with in a friendly and collegiate environment
- Career development and progression based on individual performance (promotions are not limited by business case)
- A genuine performance related bonus scheme regularly paying a significant percentage of annual salary
- Close working with senior professionals and a significant role on top quality clients
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M; policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M; will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
- Posted 6 Days Ago
- Full time