NBC Universal DreamWorks Marketing Intern in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 41203BR
Job Title DreamWorks Marketing Intern
Business Segment Global Distribution and International
Sub-Business International UNI
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal International Networks is one of the world’s premier entertainment portfolios, delivering quality content and compelling brands to over 176 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. The channel brands in the portfolio include Universal Channel, Syfy, E! Entertainment Television, 13th Street, DIVA, Studio Universal, Telemundo, The Style Network and Golf Channel. These unique brands deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe; the portfolio also includes Movies 24 in the UK. Further, NBCUniversal News Group, one of the most influential and respected portfolios of on-air and digital news properties in the world, operate CNBC and NBC News internationally.
NBCUniversal International Networks is a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Country United Kingdom
State - -
Education and Qualifications
You will ideally be currently studying a degree-level or equivalent course, specialising in English, Marketing, Communications, Media or Business-related subjects, seeking a 12 month internship
• A passion for Broadcasting and Media (particularly an interest in film and/or TV) with a desire to develop a career in Marketing, PR or Communications
• Interest in Marketing
• Proactive and enthusiastic, with ability to work autonomously to deadlines, take initiative and keep calm under pressure
• Analytical with outstanding attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively prioritise and manage workload
• Self-starter and fast learner, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a busy team
• Strong office administration and IT skills; confident user of Microsoft Office (in particular PowerPoint)
• Understanding of and active interest in Digital Media, Social Media and online marketing
• Ability to work with confidential materials discreetly and responsibly
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong interpersonal skills; confident in communication with senior management
• Strong written and presentation skills (preparing and giving presentations), including proofreading
• High level of creativity, including design skills
• Awareness of events and current affairs in Kids programming
• Willingness to learn and “can-do” attitude
• Some knowledge of the international Kids TV industry
• Previous work experience in a similar environment
• Must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship
• Fluent English is essential; additional languages may be useful
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.