Bloomberg European Technology Reporter in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 65949
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. Its award-winning global technology team is tasked with telling the story of how new software, internet services and devices are changing the way people work and live. We're looking for an energetic and intrepid journalist to join our European wing, bringing a passion for breaking news, providing trenchant analysis, original ideas, and crafting a well-told story.
Who we're looking for:
You are a versatile reporter and writer with an eye for detail and the makings of a memorable narrative. Your beat will span startups and the venture firms that fund them, to the clash between emerging companies and the incumbents they threaten. You will also help chronicle efforts by European regulators to protect consumers and foster competition by reining in the world's most powerful technology providers.
You will also collaborate with other Bloomberg teams as varied as health care and transportation, and with colleagues from Seoul to San Francisco -- to land scoops and compose features that lend color and context. You are comfortable contributing to a variety of platforms, from the terminal and web to radio, podcasts and television.
We’ll trust you to:
- Generate a wealth of story ideas
- Break news and follow with carefully crafted narratives
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Build and develop deep sourcing in the industry
- Prepare content for Bloomberg’s diverse media, from podcasts to newsletters
- Work collaboratively with the bureau and teams across the company
You need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous journalism experience
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and to deadline
- Proficiency in one or more EU languages in addition to English is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.