Google Legal Operations Associate in London, United Kingdom
Google's legal department is at the center of an information law revolution, and you're at its core. As a Legal Operations Associate, you are a driving force behind the success of your Legal team, ready to roll up your sleeves to create and improve processes, maintain records, conduct legal research and coordinate communications across the team. As you closely support your team, you may find yourself working with multiple groups within the Legal Department, internal clients across Google, and external parties. You're an independent thinker who isn't afraid to ask questions, and you're organized in a way that never overlooks the details.
Our Legal team needs more than attorneys to keep things moving. Our Legal Operations team is charged with improving and maintaining the commercial team's internal processes, systems and tools. Responsible for managing our day-to-day operations, you are entrepreneurial, proactive and highly organized. You will manage some of our third-party vendors and make the Legal team's services better, faster and more efficient.
You have the skills to help facilitate the workings of Google's growing and dynamic Legal Department. In addition, you will fully immerse yourself in every aspect of our daily operations whilst maintaining a keen eye for opportunities to make our processes more efficient and scalable. You will also identify, implement and maintain innovative process and system changes to improve the efficiency of our legal function by ensuring the highest level of quality in our daily operations.
Opening date for applications: 17th April 2018
Closing date for applications: 15th May 2018
Competitive salary applies.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our legal admin service, undertaking customer feedback analysis, service monitoring, troubleshooting and error resolution in order to prevent inaccuracies, reduce delays, and drive process excellence.
- Define, launch and drive strategic and operational enhancements to the legal admin service.
- Become a subject matter expert in relation to Google’s contracting processes and systems, and be on hand to consult, scope and manage ad hoc projects such as legal due diligence, recontracting tasks and localization requests.
- Provide regular system and process training for the Legal team across the EMEA region.
- Identify, track and report on key operational and substantive metrics for the department that will better inform decision-making, including resourcing and work allocation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Project management/process improvement experience within a consulting environment.
- Experience in vendor management and operations management.
- Experience in management consulting and/or in a multinational, legal department or law firm.
- Relevant experience in project management and process improvement.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues, developing solutions and to making continuous process improvements.
- Hardworking, well-organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and to work effectively in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.