Ericsson Platform DevOps Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Red Bee Media Overview
Red Bee Media is the world’s leading Managed Service provider to the media industry. Working with the best media brands in the world, we enrich and ensure media experiences.
For content providers who want high-quality media experiences for their audiences, Red Bee Media is trusted to manage and transform complex, mission-critical services with superior expertise, leading technology platforms and passion.
We consistently deliver the highest quality Managed Services utilizing the most agile and efficient solutions to reduce time-to-market and minimize business continuity risks. We can deliver our customers’ content to their audience on every device, ensuring it is discoverable and optimized. We ensure to be the best long-term partner to meet our customers’ complex and rapidly changing needs through our unique media heritage, technology experience and innovation focus. Our portfolio of services spans the entire media value chain including Playout, Media Management, OTT, NuVu, Access, Content Discovery, Piero Sports, Graphics and Creative.
This is an exciting opportunity to carry out system administration develop tooling in support of the ongoing design, development and delivery of primarily cloud-based, large-scale, next-generation platforms for Red Bee.
The DevOps engineer is a key role within the platform development team working to contribute and further develop expertise in AWS, Linux, Windows, database and general infrastructure administration, particularly focused on enabling continuous delivery of the platforms under development.
This role requires working closely with architects, developers, testers, product owners and business stakeholders to help innovate and design solutions across the domain of Media Management.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced Software Engineer with the following areas of expertise:
- A positive, constructive agile approach with an emphasis on collaboration and flexibility
- A passion for all aspects of software development from design through refining
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrable experience and skill in system administration of:
- Amazon Web Services, including in particular:
- Cloud Formation
- S3 / Glacier
- Windows, including .net and IIS
- SQL based databases
- Federated identity systems such as ADFS
- Continuous Integration/Delivery tooling such as Jenkins
- Comfortable working mostly on the command line, and using automated approaches to perform routine tasks
- Ability to develop tools and scripts in, for example, Perl, Python, Go or an equivalent language
- An understanding and appreciation of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience of working with software development and QA teams and how the cloud can be used to improve the dev/test cycle
- Demonstrable experience of fault finding and problem-solving on complex systems
- Lean software development
- Experience of automation for QA and DevOps
- Big data and machine learning
- Liaising with offshore and/or outsourced development teams
- Experience influencing product roadmaps
- An enthusiasm for new technologies and their application for both business and consumers.
- A natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills. A continuous improvement mindset.
- The tenacity to keep going when things get difficult, an optimistic and upbeat personal manner.
- The interpersonal skills required to build credible, long-term relationships with clients, colleagues and partners.
- The ability to provide solutions and guidelines that are strategic but also relevant, cost-effective and deliverable.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken. The ability to vocalise the issues and initiatives of the day in a positive manner.
- A suitably analytical approach, the ability to critically evaluate ideas and information, select relevant data, and identify key trends, issues, problems and solutions.
- An ability to deliver on time and on budget
- A demonstrable concern for results and achieving goals, with high standards of performance and a desire to improve on previous performance levels
- Able to gain commitment and confidence from teams who are not direct reports.
- High-quality communication skills across all media and across a range of situations.
- Highly resilient, flexible and accommodating under pressure.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience required
- Computer Science, Broadcast Media or Maths background highly desired
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || No Selection || London || IT
Req ID: 231548