Google Regional Design and Technology Lead, YouTube Space in London, United Kingdom
YouTube Spaces are state-of-the-art production facilities designed specifically for YouTube creators to produce digital video content, from production and editing through uploading to YouTube. Run by YouTube's in-house experts, the Spaces serve as a creative production facility for both established and emerging YouTube creators who are part of the YouTube Partner Program. Located in cities all across the world, YouTube Spaces enable creators to learn from industry experts, collaborate with other creators, and have access to the latest production and post-production digital video equipment. For more information, please visit youtube.com/space.
YouTube Spaces are committed to providing high value opportunities to all YouTube creators and artists and to drive perception change amongst advertisers and Key Opinion Formers (KOFs) across their locations globally. We enable innovation and empower creators with production resources, education offerings, and collaboration opportunities. The YouTube Spaces are full-featured production facilities with digital cinema, post production, and live production capabilities, and host a large number of complex events.
You are a enthusiastic Design and Production Technology Lead who will be a hands-on broadcast engineering resource to all of the YouTube Spaces for improvement of the technology and techniques of content creation, and will play a critical role in designing technology specifications for the existing and future Spaces production facilities.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Develop EMEA technology infrastructure strategy and vision of Spaces, in line with defined goals and programs for the organization.
- Lead the EMEA technological composition and maintenance of YouTube Spaces per region in coordination with regional Spaces Leads.
- Lead EMEA physical design and maintenance of YouTube Spaces in coordination with regional Spaces Leads to effectively and efficiently meet the organization objectives.
- Partner with the studio operations staff to help share best practices, consult on engineering plans, maintain the equipment stack, produce and update excellent documentation. Be available as a resource to the Space Leads and studio operations staff for large and important productions which need engineering support.
- Discover and maintain relationships with production equipment manufacturers, and serve as point person for their special activities in the Spaces and engage in research and development projects to bring innovative technologies and workflows to the Spaces.
- 7 years of experience in digital production facilities.
- Experience with baseband video as well as IT-based production equipment and systems for studio and post production.
- Experience with digital cinema production workflows.
- Ability to author AutoCAD technical documentation
- Ability to read technical documentation
- Top-notch research skills; able to discover and present complex answers to difficult questions.
- Knowledge of digital cinema production workflows, and technical aspects of music performance and/or music recording
- Proficiency in troubleshooting network issues in a production environment
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.