Expedia Senior Ad Operations Specialist in London, United Kingdom
Expedia Media Solutions, the advertising arm of Expedia Group, offers industry expertise and digital marketing solutions that allow brands to reach, engage and influence its qualified audience of travelers around the world. Through its network of leading travel brands and global points of sale, we provide partners with insights about traveler behaviors during every stage of the purchase journey, along with dynamic advertising solutions, to deliver strategic campaigns and measurable results. For more information, visit advertising.expedia.com.
We are looking for a Sr. Ad Ops Specialist to join our Programmatic Operations team to backfill a team member who transitioned to a new role on our Product team. This role works with Programmatic Ad Ops Manager and will deliver the day-to-day operational support for our private marketplace, programmatic guaranteed, and audience extension programs.
You will be the first Programmatic Ops team member based in EMEA supporting a global sales team with a specific focus on APAC and EMEA campaigns. You will use your background in ad operations and the programmatic ecosystem to have direct responsibility for the daily execution of pre-sales consultation, campaign implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis, and reporting.
You have a proven background in end-to-end campaign management that will be leveraged to understand the client’s goals to ensure proper strategy and execution. You are self-motivated, enthusiastic, resilient, flexible, and possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. You are an analytical and logical thinker with the conviction to meet problems head-on and resolve them accurately and quickly. You can work independently with little oversight and thrive in a team environment. You have a sense of humor and the ability to navigate an ever-changing landscape.
- Manage all trafficking and troubleshooting of private marketplace deals across various supply-side platforms and ad servers; AppNexus, DFP, AdX and Index
- Facilitate end-to-end management of audience extension campaigns including pre-sale consultation, campaign set-up, analyzing pacing and delivery to define optimization goals and adjusting campaign settings accordingly
- Build audience segments and project available inventory
- Ensure all booked revenue is recognized while campaign objectives are consistently met or exceeded
- Participate in internal kick-off calls with Sales and Account Managers to outline optimal campaign set up for strategic partners
- Address incoming Bad Ads and malware notifications
- Assist periodically with programmatic product support (i.e. package, tag and deal section creation)
- Assist with various special projects as needed
Strengths you will need:
- Verbal and written communications
- Openness and humility
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize daily tasks
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Effectively work with minimal supervision
- Critical thinker and complex problem-solver
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Flexible, personable attitude with the willingness to provide first class service
- Proven experience working in digital ad operations, with at least some exposure to programmatic media at a major publisher, agency, trading desk or programmatic technology company
- Previous experience trafficking digital campaigns with a strong preference for exposure to programmatic campaigns
- Experience with DFP, AdX, AppNexus, Index, or other publisher-side programmatic platforms
- Experience troubleshooting ad serving technical issues
- High level knowledge of ad server technology, user-level data, media attribution, and general digital media tracking/data landscape
- Ability to effectively lead multiple projects, timelines and details
What makes us Expedia?
We believe in being Different. We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Because of this belief, our norms aren't rules or universal at all corners of our company. But they are important to our identity and how we work together. Like our company, these norms will evolve.
We are Transparent. We communicate openly and honestly, at all levels, upwards, sideways and downwards. We surface difficult issues quickly, we act, we learn.We organize for Speed. We seek to gather data as fast as possible, and move. Speed allows us to make mistakes and constantly improve.
We believe in the Scientific Method. Everyone’s ideas are equal in the face of hard data. We use data to guide but not define our actions.
We Lead Humbly. Our leaders serve their teams. None of us has all of the answers, but we are curious and we are always looking to learn. Though our leaders take their responsibilities to our business and their teams incredibly seriously, they never take themselves too seriously.
We act as One Team. We look to optimize for the greater good, not just our own, or even our own teams' interests. We are actively interested in the success of others.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 5 Days Ago
- Full time