RELX Group Senior Conference Producer - FlightGlobal - London & Sutton in London, United Kingdom
Senior Conference Producer - FlightGlobal - London & Sutton
Location: London, United Kingdom
Senior Conference Producer - Flightglobal - London & Sutton
FlightGlobal, the leading provider of data and information to the aviation industry (part of Reed Business Information), is in a period of expansion and growth as the business looks to re-align the conference portfolio to support the strategic goals of the business.
As such, we are launching new events and our conference team is expanding. We are looking for a Senior Conference Producer to join the team.
Would you love to be part of an organization that’s driving superior performance across the aviation ecosystem? At FlightGlobal, we make sense of the large expanse of data generated within the aviation industry to deliver meaningful, actionable insight. Making a difference to millions of travellers and professionals across the globe.
As a trusted, neutral source connecting the aviation industry, FlightGlobal offers you the opportunity to work with unrivalled aviation data, advanced technology and the most expert aviation insight that the world has to offer.
Join us in driving future innovation across the manufacturing and financing of aircraft, airport operations, air service development, traveller experience and consumer tech data.
Reporting to the Conference Portfolio Manager at Flightglobal, you will be a driven, results-oriented and flexible Senior Conference Producer that develops events in a cross-functional team and in cooperation with other Flightglobal departments, and joint venture partners.
Some of our current conferences include:
- A4E (Airlines for Europe) Annual Conference (Brussels)
- Aerospace Big Data Series (London, Miami, Hong Kong)
- Flight Disruption (Atlanta)
- Loyalty Conference & Awards (Bangkok)
- Technology and Innovation in Airline Distribution (Bangkok)
You will produce ‘must-attend’ conference and seminar programmes for both annual and launch events; research and generate topic ideas; recruit high level speakers and write benefit-led marketing copy to attract delegates.
You will act as a project leader of the cross-functional team and you are responsible for the results achieved with the events. You will deal with trends and developments and maintain contact with your network. You grab opportunities in your market to develop existing and new concepts, define the content for the event, and attract the best speakers.
Working with the Events marketing team, you’ll ensure our marketing delivers the delegates and sponsors to make the success of the events.
You will work closely together with the sales and marketing department. As part of this you will maintain costs within the agreed budget, and help to ensure revenue targets are hit.
1. To develop commercially viable conferences based on in-depth market research
2. To carry out comprehensive research into the relevant market and topic
3. To write benefit-led programme and sales copy that are in the language of the market
4. To acquire top level speakers as defined during the research phase
5. To always work within the timelines and deadlines specified and strive to maximise marketing lead time
6. To attend the conferences on the day to ensure the most successful event possible
7. To carry out post-conference administration
8. To work closely and develop excellent relationships with Marketing, Operations, Sales, Editorial teams
9. Build strong relationships with internal product teams which these events are created for
10. To grow your events and portfolio via new innovations (conference formats and networking), creating new revenue opportunities, identifying new event opportunities etc.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
1. Demonstrable events experience – from topic generation to researching, marketing ,validating and speaker acquisition
2. Able to work both independently, as well as part of a team to deliver top level conference programmes and use their market insight to drive growth across the portfolio
3. Excellent organisational skills and evidence of the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
4. Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills and experience of applying these with senior business and political figures
5. Excellent project management skills and the ability to meet deadlines whilst managing multiple projects
6. Excellent copywriting skills
7. Demonstration of achieving commercial success
8. Willingness to work flexible hours and to travel globally to deliver conference the programme.
9. Knowledge and experience within the aviation sector is advantageous but not essential
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Life Insurance (4x salary)
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Competitive Salaries