Expedia Senior Data Insights & Visualisation Analyst in London, United Kingdom
The online travel market never stands still, it’s a fast paced digitally driven business, the opportunity is huge and the competition fierce. At Hotels.com, we're in the thick of it, we live and breathe travel. Our Analytics team is passionate about using data to give our customers the best possible experience finding hotels for their travel needs.
Why build your career at Hotels.com?
- We work hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career.
- We empower intelligent people to make intelligent decisions.
- You’ll have the autonomy to experiment and the flexibility to develop ways to provide our partners with innovative solutions
You could be a data engineer looking to get more involved in insight generation, or an analytics professional with a passion for visualising data in a breath-taking manner
As a key member of the Hotels.com Business Intelligence team you will play a pivotal role in supporting key partners ensuring they are able to effectively turn data into actionable information that drives business decisions and strategy. Your stakeholders will include Product Analytics, Finance & Marketing
- We are looking for a Senior Data Visualisation and Insights Analyst who is as passionate about our products and customers as we are, ensuring our knowledge is shared and clearly communicated across the business
- You will love working with data and be excited at the challenge of unlocking the power of an insight by using a variety of tools and visualisations
- You will be creative and relish the opportunity to experiment and explore different solutions aiming to provide our partners with innovative and meaningful insights
- You will have an enquiring mind and will be confident in being able to deal with key partners within the business. This role would suit an individual that is able to rationalise large data sets and understand how this data can be used to derive value for the business
- You will develop tools, visualisations and processes that improve the insight and analytical capabilities of the business
- Develop tools and products that improve our self service capabilities
- Develop an understanding of the data sources used in our business to be able to explain limitations and propose viable solutions based on the requirements
- Ownership and automation of current manual reporting
- Assist the wider BI Data Engineering team to improve both data quality helping the business to improve underlying processes and sources
- Collaborate with other BI Teams developing solutions and improvements and to drive best practice
Key behaviours for success in the role:
- A passion for understanding the customer perspective and using data to drive better decision-making
- Sound commercial acumen and a good understanding of business performance metrics
- Proactive and pragmatic approach towards solving business problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels across different organizations
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
- Ability to manage projects and processes independently
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment with an appetite for challenge
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role with an emphasis on data insight
- Experience of reporting and visualisation tools such as Tableau, R-Shiny, SSRS, Qliksense
- Advanced experience with SQL
- Experience of scripting languages Python & R
- Interest in more advanced data visualisations such as D3.js
- Broad knowledge base of statistics and statistical interpretation of quantitative data
- Experience in a travel, technology or an e-commerce organization
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia portfolio serves both leisure and business travellers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our brands.
Expedia.com Limited in the UK has been voted the #1 Best Place to work by Glassdoor!
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 2 Days Ago
- Full time