Alvarez and Marsal Senior Director, Private Equity, Operational Due Diligence (London) in London, United Kingdom
Business Unit: Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI)
Alvarez and Marsal’s dedicated PEPI professionals work with Investors and their portfolio companies to provide independent analysis and end to end services across the investment life cycle that deliver results in every economic cycle.
Whether serving in a performance improvement advisory capacity for an under-performing company or in interim management roles, we draw on a deep operational heritage and proven approaches, such as our proprietary diagnostic – the Rapid Results Program, which helps to quickly and effectively assess business process management risks and identify key areas impeding performance.
Through our PEPI practice, Alvarez & Marsal (A&M;) offers assistance to private equity owned portfolio companies that are under-performing or with a need of re-organisation and re-positioning. Working directly with company management, A&M;'s involvement reassures all stakeholders that the company is taking important steps to address its problems and maximise its value.
Purpose of the role:
Within our established and highly regarded Private Equity Performance Improvement team, an opportunity exists for an Operational Due Diligence (ODD) specialist at the Senior Director level. The opportunity will allow you to be based in our London office._ _We are looking to hire someone who has a successful track record with a blend of operational and commercial skills, an entrepreneurial approach and networks across the M&A; community.
Supported by the European Private Equity Performance Improvement team, you will help build the profile and reputation of A&M; PEPI in Europe, in the key specialism of ODD. You will reflect the operational distinctiveness that is A&M; a business savvy, solution focused business entrepreneur who is determined to make a difference and not afraid to challenge the status-quo. The (Senior) Director will deliver both interim and advisory assignments in Pre and Post Deal.
- Operational due diligence, 100-day planning, post-merger integration and performance improvement;
- Advising and implementing performance improvement programs for major corporations across a wide range of industry sectors;
- Evaluating both cost reduction and revenue enhancement opportunities;
- Leading the post-acquisition work to ensure that the ODD was realized in full and in the shortest possible time;
- Developing detailed and robust methodology to ensure that the in the first 100 days total clarity and ownership is created throughout the organization, a clear path to delivering the growth and cost reduction developed and the identified quick wins delivered;
- Encompassing in the 100-day planning process the merger of two organizations for which a specific methodology has been developed;
- Support delivery of projects with private equity owned businesses to assess opportunities to improve their financial /operating performance and implement findings and recommendations;
- Work with private equity owned clients through the full spectrum of complex issues that arise in operations, including manufacturing, supply chain management, logistics and purchasing;
- Contribute strongly to business development activity including developing successful pitches and selling, on from the initial “diagnostic” project phase into implementation work;
- Initial rapid diagnostic into a company's immediate and future major operational issues, product profitability, cost base, manufacturing processes and options for performance improvement;
- Supporting PE firms to ensure their portfolio companies have credible plans and the ability to execute and deliver the financial results required;
- Developing and implementing a new operating plan to improve the business operational performance.
Requirements for this position:
- Must have extensive knowledge of Operational Due Diligence (ideally in a client-site focused delivery model) in a top tier strategy firm, leading specialist and/or niche advisory firm or ‘Big 4’ consultancy;
- Recent, relevant experience in International Operations, including manufacturing, supply chain management, purchasing and logistics (ideally within retail, pharma or business services);
- A recent track record of successfully delivering major operational due diligence assignments at pre and post deal;
- Must be Private Equity Industry Savvy with established experience of working with Private Equity backed portfolio companies;
- Experience in operational KPIs, Balance Score Cards, and a reporting/ review process to ensure continuous improvement of the operational performance of the business;
- Understand and execute LEAN production philosophy;
- Lead holistic performance improvement projects, understanding different kinds of Project Management Office (PMO) tools;
- Must have an ability and willingness to travel (potentially from Day 1) to client sites, across the UK & European regions, at short notice as part of the working week;
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is essential;
- Clear determination to deliver the latest thinking in pre and post deal solutions;
- Fluency to a business level in both English and a 2nd European language is essential;
- Strong analytical skills and deep dive analysis;
- A persuasive and effective communicator who can engage effectively with leadership teams in pressure situations.
- MBA or financial qualification preferred but not required;
- Additional European languages are also highly desirable;
- Have a varied cross sector background including telecommunications, automotive, manufacturing, energy, retail, consumer goods, transport, business services and healthcare.
Companies, investors, lenders and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M;) when conventional approaches are not enough to activate change and achieve results.
Privately-held since 1983, A&M; is a leading global professional services firm that delivers performance improvement, turnaround management and business advisory services to organizations seeking to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action. Our senior professionals are experienced operators, world-class consultants and industry veterans who draw upon the firm's restructuring heritage to help leaders turn change into a strategic business asset, manage risk and unlock value at every stage.
When action matters, find us at www.alvarezandmarsal.com.
Our heritage is restructuring, but for over 30 years we have grown from a premier restructuring boutique to a global consulting firm with more than $1 billion in revenues. Over the course of time we have experienced the shifts in the various regulatory environments around the world.
Establishing a presence in Europe over ten years ago, the European business now has some 600 staff in a broad range of professional services including: Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Transaction Advisory and a market leading Private Equity Performance Improvement practice.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M; policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M; will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
- Posted 2 Days Ago
- Full time