Cisco Senior Incident Response Consultant in London, United Kingdom
Senior Incident Response Consultant
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Additional Location(s) other major cities in the UK or Europe
Area of Interest Professional Services
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security
Job Id 1228894
What You’ll Do
The Senior Incident Response Consultant will work within established methodologies to perform a variety of Incident Response related activities for Cisco customers, to include responding to cyber incidents, proactively hunting for adversaries in customer networks, designing and performing Table Top Exercises, and performing IR Readiness Assessments. The Senior Incident Response Analyst will also be responsible for leading and working on projects that will support tactical and strategic business objectives. Demonstration of leadership abilities, clear and concise communication with a variety of stakeholders, ability to lead during a crisis, personal agility to adapt to changing environments, and a strong comprehension of malware, emerging threats and calculating risk will be critical to success.
Who You’ll Work With
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a highly empowered collaborative team focused on both helping our clients be both better prepared to defend against adversaries on their network, as well as responding to active incidents within their network.
Who You Are
Both your clients and your teammates consider you a charismatic, articulate individual and a born diplomat. You check your ego at the door and learn from others constantly, while also helping to educate those who aren’t as versed as you are in topics. As a result, you have a track record of working tirelessly to help your clients and teammates and have even come up with some novel techniques in your time.
• Respond to cyber incidents caused by internal and external threats to our customers, that may involve nontraditional working hours
• Specialize in host centric analysis utilizing a variety of tools (e.g. F-Response, X-Ways, Volatility, Cisco AMP, etc…)
• Specialize in network centric analysis utilizing a variety of tools (e.g. ELK, StealthWatch, Cisco Umbrella, etc...)
• Design, lead and participate in Table Top Exercises with customers
• Proactively hunt for adversaries on customer networks utilization a variety of tools and techniques
• Lead and perform Incident Response Readiness Assessments for customers
• Draft communications, assessments, and reports that may be both internal and customer facing, to include leadership and executive management
• Understanding of different attacks and how best to design custom containment and remediation plans for customers
• Serve as a liaison to different businesses and interface with fellow team members and colleagues on other security teams. As-needed, manage relationships with business partners, management, vendors, and external parties
• Lead projects as directed by leadership
• Be a champion for process. Develop and document processes to ensure consistent and scalable response operations
• Demonstrate industry leadership through blog posts and public speaking at conferences and events
• Computer Science or a related technical degree
• Proven experience in information security
• Proven experience handling incidents
• Must be willing to be on-call and work off-shift hours, to include nights, weekends, and holidays
• Must be willing to routinely travel with less than 24-hour notice, up to 35% of the time
• Detailed understanding of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT), Cyber Crime, Hacktivism and associated tactics
• Strong track record of understanding and interest in recognized IT Security-related standards and technologies, demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
• IT security certifications
• Industry certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, CFCE, GFCA, and/or GCFE
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.