BT Senior Internal Auditor in London, United Kingdom
Senior Internal Auditor
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
To undertake a variety of audit assignments (Financial, Operational, Regulatory, Compliance, etc.) in a professional manner in line with Team standards. The role will enable Openreach (OR) to provide independent and objective assurance to senior management and the Board, via the OR Audit, Risk & Compliance Panel (OARCP) and the OR Board Audit & Compliance Committee (OBACC), as to the adequacy and effectiveness of key business controls. This to be undertaken in association with risk management activities across the organisation. In doing this, the role holder should deliver high quality, reliable and efficient service to clients and colleagues, based on training and experience, using the tools provided to do the job, and with minimal support of the Head of Internal Audit.
The job holder will have a proven track record of delivering key assurance messages in a range of areas and will be a high performing, experienced audit individual capable of role modelling our values and leadership/coaching behaviours. They will need to:
• Effectively contribute to audit strategy development and delivery;
• Develop a thorough understanding of current and emerging governance, risk management and control processes associated across OR and within given specialist areas;
• Develop business insight and expertise across OR identifying risks to the Business;
• Lead on the planning, performance and reporting of complex audits that provide controls assurance relating to area being reviewed;
• Own relationships and influence at Executive level within OR and assist effectively on the account management of a portfolio of clients;
• Provide coaching and knowledge transfer across OR, in particular to help embed Risk Management and the Three Lines of Defence.
What you'll be doing
The role holder is responsible for:
• Planning, performing and reporting of audit assignment on a risk assessed basis using appropriate, flexible, and cost effective methodologies that are in line with Professional/Team standards and customer needs, acting either as lead auditor or in support of others;
• Acting as an expert in one or more assigned areas;
• Leading on assignments and when working on a matrix basis, oversee the work of others;
• Tracking audit recommendations to ensure implementation is achieved against targets and that the remediation is effective;
• Supporting Head of Internal Audit in ongoing client account management;
• Keeping up-to-date with external developments affecting OR and maintaining relevant business insight of changes, which affect these areas as well as broader strategic imperatives and business risks;
• Understanding and deploying the risk based approach to maintaining the audit universe and actively contributing to the plan build exercise
• Accountable for efficient use of their own time, equipment & systems, ensuring that tasks are delivered on time to the expected quality.
• Making full use of computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs) to deliver efficiencies and enhanced audit results.
• Accountable for delivering the audit in the most cost effective manner by organising team resources and client engagements to minimise costs.
• Required to solve problems using minimal guidance, precedents, templates, briefing materials or instructions to help resolve problems
• Expected to challenge upwards given their Audit, Risk & Assurance knowledge and expertise and help to agree solutions across organisational boundaries;
• Ensuring audit recommendations are pragmatic and address the root causes of the underlying problems identified;
• Identify, anticipate and recommend the need for changes to the audit plan in response to changing risk profiles and business needs;
• Helps manage change to audit schedules to ensure team goals are achieved;
• Contributes to the initiatives underpinning the Team’s goals and objectives;
• Proactively assists in the identification and development of leading edge methodologies and best practice.
Client and stakeholder management
• Helps create a team culture of customer and commercial focus;
• Developing deep understanding of their client needs, risks and strategic imperatives;
• Leads and participates in discussions at planning meetings and exit meetings with senior client management;
• Keeps the line manager and clients informed of key concerns throughout the progress of audit assignments;
• Ensuring clients are supported in discharging their audit recommendation obligations through regular liaison and providing clarity on expectations;
• Support the Head of Internal Audit with account management of clients and external stakeholders as required;
• Supports the Head of Internal Audit in preparing papers for audit committees and other Senior Management forums.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Extensive experience in Internal Auditing
Effective Risk Management skills and experience
Effective Programme / Project Management skills and knowledge
Strong Communication Skills – Verbal (Executive level presentations) and Written (Report writing)
Extensive skills and knowledge of Openreach financial / business governance, processes and controls
Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIIA) or Accountancy (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) and / or wide-ranging relevant Audit / Risk Management experience.
Why choose us?
BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re happy to consider ways of working that will mean you can perform at your best. If you want to talk about working part-time or as a job share in this role, please apply and we’ll do our best to get the balance right.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this fast paced environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 81905