Expedia Systems Architect in London, United Kingdom
**Company: Expedia Job title: Systems Architect Location: London Salary: Competitive
Position Description** The online travel market never stands still. The opportunity is huge and the competition is fierce. At Hotels.com, we're in the thick of it. We live and breathe travel. Our technology team is remarkably passionate about using the best technology and processes to give our customers the best possible experience finding hotels for their business or leisure travel needs. We want them to feel the same passion for travel that we do.
Hotels.com is seeking a Systems Architect to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment. Rapidly expanding and migrating from on-premise to Cloud Native, Hotels.com is offering an excellent chance to be a key player in helping shape our modern, distributed stack at a key point in our migration to the Cloud. With an Architecture comprising hundreds of independent components and autonomous Agile teams with hundreds of developers working across the London, Rome and Hungary development centres, we have a truly global scale. Join a tight-knit team of Architects responsible for ensuring that this multi-billion dollar business keeps moving at light speed for years to come. Architecture is the glue ensuring that the distributed development teams achieve technical congruence and are able to innovate whilst achieving performance/reliability goals and minimising complexity. Day-to-day expect to find yourself researching new tech, coaching teams to reach consensus on technical approaches or working with our Performance and Reliability engineers to find out how we can learn from a Production problem - just a small taste!
- Play a key role in developing the Cloud Architecture for a complex and fast-moving system including taking ownership of elements of the foundational Network Architecture
- Take ownership of a part of the domain and be primary Architect for a number of development teams
- Coach teams to deliver software that helps move us toward our Architectural Vision
- Build consensus in a large organisation across diverse teams to reach compromises and drive adoption of recommendations
- Help shape the Architectural Vision for Hotels.com
- Participate in brainstorming with other Architects and Developers
- Execute proofs of concept using cutting edge technology with the intention of Production-ising
- Mentor developers in Architecture and Application Design
- Work closely with the Performance and Reliability Team to help 'bake in' performance and resilience
- Tech Stack Overview
- Travel to Rome, Hungary and Seattle locations periodically
- Large-scale Cloud Computing experience with an emphasis on AWS – experience of being part of a migration to AWS
- Deep understanding of AWS Network Architectures e.g. Direct Connect, Routing, NAT, multi-account architectures; preferably Hybrid networks
- Experience with common, open-source Java (Java 8, Spring Boot) and NoSQL technologies (MS-SQL)
- Practical knowledge of agile application development (Scrum), SDLC processes, and project management methodologies
- Understanding of Resilient Systems design
- Experience building RESTful Microservice Architectures
- Experience with Distributed Systems
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce
About Expedia: Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. Collectively, the Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 140,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
Open date: 17 April 2018 Close date: 15 May 2018
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 2 Days Ago
- Full time