Cisco Systems Engineer - Security in London, United Kingdom
Systems Engineer - Security
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest Technical Support
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Security
Job Id 1224845
What you'll do:
Cisco Sales is all about Inspiring Dreams, Accelerating Growth, Connecting Worlds, Recognizing Wins, Respect and Enabling you to be your best. Does this sound intriguing to you? Welcome to Cisco.
Cisco is currently looking for a talented technical sales person to work as Pre-Sales Engineer and Consultant within the UK Pubic Sector sales organisation. The ideal candidate will ideally hold industry level certifications and have proven Pre-sales experience within Data Centre, Collaboration and core Routing & Switching technologies. This is a fabulous opportunity to build on the foundations of what you have already learnt, and take your career to the next level! This role is specific to the UK, covering Large Government and Public Sector accounts. You will need to be based in the Greater London area and covering a territory within the UK.
Who you'll work with
This team of Engineers, architects and consultants in the Public Sector team consists of the Crème de la Crème of solutions experts – the experts in the UK&I with the deepest and most relevant knowledge to the vertical market. The team works closely with our architectural teams and the Business units in building the current and future solutions, as well as being the most knowledgeable and most skillful networking engineers in Cisco UK&I.
You will partner with our Account Executives in a Pre-Sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
Who you are
You have the following work experience:
● Understand business requirements for the Large Government customers and be able to translate them into technical requirements and solutions.
● Understand and Articulate Cisco's Architectures and Services.
● Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers and partners across all levels including CxO or Director levels.
● Drive identified opportunities (i.e. technical consulting, upper level management presentations, technology solutions review, product requirements, and design validation) and maintain long-term ownership and relationship with customer.
● Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
● Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
● Cisco configuration design and build experience desirable
● Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory.
● Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
● Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory
● Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
● Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
● Technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to junior colleagues.
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
● CCNP or CCDP or equivalent networking certification required CCIE or expert level desirable
● Demonstrable deep technical knowledge related to Routing & Switching technology
● Any other core Cisco technology experience will also be desirable - Data Centre, Security, Collaboration
● Understanding of Automation and Orchestration tools desirable.
● Excellent communications skills including ability to converse effectively at all levels in an organisation including CxO or Director
● Demonstrable Pre-Sales experience
● 7+ years Industry experience in pre-sales roles
● Continuous learning on technology areas including market , competitive and industry trends.
● Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
Security clearance is essential
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.