Expedia Technical Product Mgr II in London, United Kingdom
Hotels.com is built on intelligent marketing, and to achieve that we’ve built software platforms to help automate and optimize our acquisition marketing bidding processes. Partnered very closely with the folks running our meta, search and OLAP marketing functions, you’ll be the technical product lead for a Spark/Python/Airflow based platform that automates the end to end processes which generate “bids” – i.e. how much we want to pay for marketing clicks from each supplier, for each of our properties.
Our bidding platforms are technically complex, and reliant on numerous data inputs / outputs, as well as complex algorithmic models which are constantly built and tweaked by our data scientists and marketing channel experts.
Alongside the marketing functions and data scientists, your other key stakeholders include an engineering team dedicated to implementing your “vision” for our bidding platform, which will be constructed in partnership with a less hands on product manager.
You’ll need to be able to deeply understand and translate the marketing teams needs into actionable technical documentation, whilst also being the main technical point of contact when either the customers or engineering teams need support. You’ll need to consider both the technical possibilities, and potential challenges that come with rich, large and complex software platforms.
Working in the Hotels.com Worldwide Acquisition Marketing team, you will be pivotal in the delivery of numerous critical software enhancements and fixes, such as migrating our bidding platform to AWS, introducing new marketing channels onto the bidding platform, or delivering functionality that allows us to A:B test our algorithmic bidding models.
- Maintain and enhance a technical “bidding platform”, partnering with marketing customers, product management, and your own development resources to facilitate enhanced marketing bidding processes. Partner with Product Manager to influence the direction of product roadmap.
- Garner a deep understanding of needs of marketing customers either using the bidding platform today, or keen to migrate onto it.
- Build and utilise a deep knowledge of existing data & tool capabilities across the organisation – for efficient solution design, documentation & technical support
- Deliver best in class technical solutions to challenges in the marketing bidding space, writing clear, concise and accurate technical documentation (specifications)
- Take data quality to heart - steer bug investigations, root cause analysis, and lead the follow ups to ensure we are constantly improving our technology and people processes
- Work closely with your development team day to day; conveying requirements, planning and being available for technical questions and support
- Partner closely with the product manager as the technical product lead, outlining and devising technical roadmap, providing regular development status updates whilst also helping to facilitate/influence longer term strategic product direction
- Working with technical customers to investigate issues with the platform and working with tech ops to provide support for any issues
- Creation and ownership of documentation (technical and user friendly)
- Conduct super user training and provide regular direct analyst support
Candidate Key Skills:
- Experience as technical business analyst or technical product manager (3 of more years’ experience preferred)
- Many cycles of success demonstrating a strong ability to turn complex business requirements into clear but comprehensive technical specifications
- Experience partnering extremely closely with development functions (on and off shore), across a range of development lifecycle methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban
- Has supported technical products/platforms which are heavily reliant on data in/out
- Experience conducting technical & process analysis – finding issues and overseeing the ideation of elegant solutions
- Ability to read and comprehend Python code highly desirable but not essential
- Technical and practical experience with some of the following technologies:
- Cloud based technologies, such as AWS
- Familiarity with reporting/dashboarding data needs for technologies such as Tableau/Power BI would be helpful but not essential
- Detail driven- a drive to get into the detail to explore and understand detailed data sets
- Problem solver - strong problem solving skills and ability to logically analyse complex requirements, processes and systems
- Self-starter- able to manage your own workload on a daily basis, and own and manage investigations and design from start to completion
- Good communicator - able to work with product managers to understand their requirements, analysts to understand theirs, and then translate and own these needs for development and regular communication with the development team
- Team player - able to work with others to get the job done
- Organisation - Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritising effectively. Ability to manage complexity and several technical projects simultaneously
Hotels.com is a leading provider of hotel accommodation worldwide, offering reservation services through its own network of localized websites and telephone call centers.
Hotels.com gives travelers one of the widest selections of accommodation on the net, including both independent and major chain hotels as well as self-catering in over 120,000 properties worldwide. The company offers a one-stop shopping source for hotel pricing, amenities and availability and also specializes in providing travelers with accommodation during sold-out periods.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 6 Days Ago
- Full time