Microsoft Corporation Digital Architect - Public Sector in Reading, United Kingdom
Come as you are. Do what you love. Every year, we seek feedback from our team and one of the questions we ask them is to describe how they feel about working at Microsoft: The most commonly used word is proud. This is because the soul of our culture and team in Microsoft Services is also our purpose - our desire to make a difference. It is why we are all here.
The role Leading our customers on their digital transformation journey is at the heart of the Digital Architect role, re-imagining and bringing to life ways in which our technology can open new and innovative ways for our customers to do business and drive results, whether it’s through improving how they interact with their customers, by increasing their employees’ engagement and productivity or creating new business opportunities. It’s not all about the technology. Digital transformation often requires a huge cultural shift. We need business to technology ‘interpreters’ to help connect the Business and IT conversations within our customers.
Our Digital Architects immerse themselves in their customers, create a compelling digital vision, and lead them through execution to ensure the vision and results are achieved. Your ability to develop trusted relationships with business leaders, to help them think about their business and customers challenges in the context of digital possibilities, and to collaborate on a vision to achieve more, are critical to success in this role. It’s never been a more exciting time to join us on this journey …
What we’re looking for
You will have a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy, demonstrate strong leadership and people skills, and be a natural collaborator. Our Digital Architects share a common set of characteristics and bring the experience that drives innovation and delivers customer value:
• Significant experience working with Business Decision Makers (BDMs) and/or top technical and business consulting firms, ideally with an industry specialism (Finance, Public Sector, Commercial)
• Broad understanding of the technology industry, including current and emerging digital strategies, solutions and trends, as well as experience in delivering/governing technology-enabling business transformation
• Thought leader with strong executive presence, including a well-honed ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, combined with exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams
• Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from both business and technology perspectives
• Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic operational execution and delivery, including strong stakeholder management and team orchestration
• Recognised innovator with compelling storytelling abilities to inspire growth mindset in both internal and customer teams
• Strong influencer - able to demonstrate significant mind share in professional and industry networks
• Empathy, curiosity, and desire to challenge and constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results
• Experience in implementing key Microsoft, or related, technologies, with a preference for depth in Cloud and IoT
• Ability to become an advocate/evangelist for Microsoft’s vision and value proposition, by conceptualising, planning and leading implementation/adoption of Microsoft’s spectrum of technologies and offerings
We seek an individual who can help us to reimagine the future for our customers, drive clarity, energy and success in ensure we deliver on that vision for each and every customer.
One Microsoft, One Services Microsoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services .
At Microsoft you’ll have access to talented people, technology, tools and toys that will help you use your skills and imagination to realize your full potential. We want you to contribute the talent, perspective and ideas that are uniquely yours and you’ll have the freedom, guidance and encouragement to accelerate your growth. At Microsoft you’ll work with incredibly talented colleagues, mentors and leaders and discover new ways of thinking and working. We’ll also invest in your health and wellbeing through a competitive package with a wide range of adjustable benefits you can customise to your needs.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.