American Express Technical Project Manager in West Sussex, United Kingdom
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team.
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class Card member experiences on our Global Accounts Receivables VisionPlus platform. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
The successful candidate will need to be highly adaptable, confident working on their own initiative, pro-active and open to change, in a role that will be very varied. There is a need to have strong relationship and influencing skills, including the ability to challenge and query.
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and creates an environment in which the team is continuously learning from the past
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Tracks and communicates team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- Applies judgment and discretion on when to raise issues versus work through issues with the team
- Facilitate discussions to identify alternative or different approaches to solve problems, break down barriers and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure productivity of the team.
- Steer and deliver project communications at all levels within Technology and business to ensure transparency of development process and project performance, to coordinate escalation and issue resolution, to facilitate decision making, and to build trust.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns and to identify clear action steps.
- Influence without authority through effective change and leadership management.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- University Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- Technical delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Strong servant-leadership skills
- Proven ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and reliably
- Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing best practices
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
- PMI Agile Certification preferred
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- SAFe Certification preferred
- Experience with Accounts Receivables and VisionPlus preferred
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Title: Technical Project Manager
Location: GBR-West Sussex-Burgess Hill
Requisition ID: 18007234