Honeywell Principal ISC Project Management Specialist in Yeovil, United Kingdom
Principal ISC Project Management Specialist
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations. The Aerospace Yeovil site includes Integrated Supply Chain operations and Engineering & Technology as
well as other support functions. It specializes in several product lines including: environmental control systems, life support systems, hydraulics systems, and control and data systems.
What are we looking for?
Due to an exciting period of growth, our site in Yeovil is looking for a Principal ISC Project Management Specialist. This is a role with fantastic career development for the right individual. The Principal ISC Project Management Specialist is responsible for the execution of all sourcing activities across the new product introduction (NPI) business.
What will you be doing every day?
- IPT (Integrated Product Team) Sourcing and Procurement focal for assigned development programs
- Influence and direct Sourcing & Procurement personnel to ensure needs of program are met; Escalation point of contact for assigned programs for all sourcing needs, including cost, quality, and delivery.
- Report out to sourcing leadership on program status.
- Manage IPDS (integrated product development system) phase gate deliverables for Sourcing and Procurement and ensure completion on time.
- Translate sourcing strategies into actionable plans at a program level and translate program needs back into sourcing strategies.
- Plan and manage sourcing activities for input into Program HMR (Honeywell Master Record) and IMS (Integrated Master Schedule)
- Coordinate closure of any MRL (Manufacturing Readiness Levels) requirements for sourcing and procurement.
- Coordinate with cross-functional team to support triage activities, which includes support of core/non-core, make/buy, build-to-print versus build-to specification, and critical/non-critical part identification
- Lead all aspects of ESE (Early Supplier Engagement) for identified critical parts on each assigned program
- Facilitate design reviews with suppliers for buy parts
- Coordinate with Procurement and supplier contracting teams to ensure that parts on selected programs are awarded and contracted to preferred suppliers, and purchase orders place to meet program requirements.
- Lead all Long Term Contract (LTC) Addition activities with Global Sourcing for ESE partsand as required by each IPDS Phase gate.
- Produce and report sourcing metrics to teams and flawless launch portal. Ensure all metrics meet goals.
- Develop RAILs, track completion status, and escalate as necessary to eliminate barriers to performance.
- Perform Purchase Hardware Coordination for development hardware for the program effort including escalation to procurement groups for action and travel to supplier to engage and resolve issues
- Coordinate with Sourcing, AME (Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering) and Engineering to escalate and resolve delivery or technical performance issues with purchased parts
- Coordinate with Program Management, Engineering, AME and Procurement to ensure all buy parts meet program UPC and/or should cost targets
Monitor Supplier APQP requirements.
20 Drive and execute Annual and Strategic Plan with supporting strategies
20 Right and Fast execution of strategies to align with business Growth and New Product Introductions
20 Manage Site Category and Commodity Strategies including spend analysis, Benchmarking, Cost, Market A
20 Ensure Relationship development and management with key Supplier Leaderships
20 Align with Site Sales, Marketing, Technology, Business, Operations, Finance and Quality and Other Ho
What skills and requirements do you need?
- Solid experience of procurement and sourcing in an engineering/manufacturing capacity
- Proven skills in project management, and hands on experience
- Strong communication and influrncing skills
- Familiarity with SAP would be advantageous
- Comfortable and used to working to tight deadlines
What’s important to us?
- Excellent communication skills for interactions with team mates and cross functions
- The skills to persuade and influence others
- Inherent ability to inspire, motivate people through new and exciting targets
Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD22092
- Category: Procurement
- Location: Building 197, Bunford Lane, Yeovil, Yeovil, SOMER BA20 2YD GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.